December 2013 Moms
Options

Double Stroller Woes

LawrenLawren member
edited August 2013 in December 2013 Moms
I have no idea what to get. The one that I like is $500 and I can't justify spending that much on a stroller. It's the City Select and it has so many options as far as riding double goes. I already have a Britax we used for DS and their double stroller is side by side and I don't want that. What are other STM's doing?

ETA: and the attachment for the double seat is $169. Jeez.

Re: Double Stroller Woes

• Options
    We have the baby trend double sit and stand. We love it! Ill either be finding out if there's an attachment for a britax carseat since I found one I like or ill just get the baby trend inertia carseat. I don't have any complaints about my sit and stand stroller at all.
  • Options
    swirl25swirl25 member
    edited August 2013
    I am looking into the Combi Sport Twin Stroller...the price isn't bad and it has good reviews:

https://www.buybuybaby.com/1/1/4413-strollers-combi-twinsport-stroller-bamboo-scribble.html

ETA: just saw you don't want side by side...sorry about that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How old is DS?  Could he do something like this?  My friend loves hers.  It converts to a sit and stand too

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12319184

He'll be around 22 months. I briefly looked at ones like that, I just wanted something he could sit in as well. We will probably end up selling our Britax stroller we have. They need to get on board with double seat attachments like City Select ;)
  • Options
    I know, I can't believe the price of double strollers... wow.  We decided to go with a sit n stand. Either a Baby Trend or Joovy, which I think are $200-$250.  DS will be almost 3 when this one is born, and he already fights sitting in a stroller, so we think we'll get the best use out of a sit n stand.  
  • Options

Are you watching Craigslist? They come up regularly around here.

I didn't even think of that. My brain. Going to look now!
  • Options
    I will tell you that we just purchased the BJCS, and although it was pricey, I love it! We obviously haven't used it as a double yet, but I did set it up with the car seat on the top and DS facing forward on the front, and it pushes like a dream!  It also is super easy to change configurations, things just click in-and-out.  And it folds super easy, too.  Also, we took it to a fair and it got so dirty! I bought the "diamond" color off Albeebaby.com (was $100 cheaper) and was nervous about it not cleaning well...let me tell you it cleans like a dream! Everything snaps off and it goes right in the washer.  I know it's a lot of money, but I am pretty sure I will never have to buy another stroller again.  Also, if you sell your old one, you can use it toward the new one!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I will tell you that we just purchased the BJCS, and although it was pricey, I love it! We obviously haven't used it as a double yet, but I did set it up with the car seat on the top and DS facing forward on the front, and it pushes like a dream!  It also is super easy to change configurations, things just click in-and-out.  And it folds super easy, too.  Also, we took it to a fair and it got so dirty! I bought the "diamond" color off Albeebaby.com (was $100 cheaper) and was nervous about it not cleaning well...let me tell you it cleans like a dream! Everything snaps off and it goes right in the washer.  I know it's a lot of money, but I am pretty sure I will never have to buy another stroller again.  Also, if you sell your old one, you can use it toward the new one!

It sounds like this is what I will end up doing, just selling what we have and getting it or finding a used one. Thanks for the input ladies!
  • Options
    We won't be needing a double stroller this time around. But I just wanted to say we had side by side for our twins and hated it! It was fine for walks but if we took it out in public we had a super hard time getting anywhere. It is too wide.
  • Options
    We already have the rumble seat and piggy back for our UB Vista, so we are all set! DD will be almost 3 when the baby arrives, and in preschool, so we don't really need a true double. We got everything except the rumble seat used, so our whole cost was about $400. Not bad for such a nice stroller!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We won't be needing a double stroller this time around. But I just wanted to say we had side by side for our twins and hated it! It was fine for walks but if we took it out in public we had a super hard time getting anywhere. It is too wide.

That's why I don't want the Britax double. I knew that would be a problem :(

• Options
    My sister has the City Select, and brought it to our ladies trip to CT last week.  I had been eyeing the Britax B-Ready (I'm a FTM, but we want more kids so I'm debating about getting a conversion stroller from the start), so it was interesting to try hers out.  I just wanted to comment that the CS was REALLY nice.  She has a 3 year old and an 8 month old, and it was awesome.  Rolls super smooth.  I was able to figure out how to take the seats off and fold it without her even having to tell me....very simple.  I also liked that they both faced forward and one didn't block the other's view (I have not researched the CS, but I know this config is not possible with the Britax B-Ready).  HTH!
  • Options

I'm having twins so I'm in a little different position. But, once the girls are old enough to sit in a stroller (5 months?) we're going to get a Baby Jogger City Mini Double (we're starting them in a snap n go). We have the City Mini single for DD and LOVE it. The darn thing is like $449 so we are going to look for a used one on Craigslist first (that is where we found DDs). If not, we'll look for a good sale on a possibly older year (albeebaby.com).

The Baby Jogger City Mini double is side by side. We aren't fans of the front and back. They feel like I'm pushing a bus and are hard to manuever.

• Options
    watercolor5watercolor5 member
    edited August 2013
    Lawren said:

How old is DS?  Could he do something like this?  My friend loves hers.  It converts to a sit and stand too

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12319184

He'll be around 22 months. I briefly looked at ones like that, I just wanted something he could sit in as well. We will probably end up selling our Britax stroller we have. They need to get on board with double seat attachments like City Select ;)
    Britax has the same thing as city select with the B Ready stroller with a second seat... the only problem is the price is comparable too... $368 for the stroller and $112 for the second seat attachment. (ETA on amazon)
  • Options

I've been thinking about this but haven't done any research.  DS will be 2.5 when #2 is born.  At what age do kids stop riding in strollers?  I'm trying to decide if we should get one.

I want one especially for when I'm alone with the kids. I don't sit at home well and like to be out, so I knew I would need one. I know DS won't ride in it all the time because he would rather walk, but there are times he'll get tired and want to sit or nap if we're at festivals/parks/shopping things like that.
  • Options
    I've been thinking about this but haven't done any research.  DS will be 2.5 when #2 is born.  At what age do kids stop riding in strollers?  I'm trying to decide if we should get one.
    My 4 year old nephew still rides in the stroller. His mom goes on a lot of long walks so he doesn't like to walk the whole way. I have a 5 year old niece that won't ride in a stroller. I am hoping DD rides in one until she is 4.

imageimage

BFP #1 July 4, 2011 Baby girl born Feb 22, 2012!!
    BFP #2 December 17, 2012 MMC January 24, 2013
    BFP #3 April 7, 2013 Baby girl born December 11, 2013!!
    Amelia has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. She has had 3 open heart surgeries, 1 g-tube surgery, and one tracheostomy. She is the strongest, most precious little fighter. 
    You can follow her at. Www.ameliafaithsheart.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I got a Bumbleride Indie Twin off craigslist for $250.  That is my walking stroller and I'll use it for theme parks, zoo, etc.  I keep the single one I have now in my laundry room because it's a bigger stroller, and I'll do the same with the double.  To keep in the car and use around town, shopping, etc., I'm getting a Joovy Caboose Ultralight.  It's a sit and stand, but much lighter than most and easier to maneuver.  It also has a little jump seat for my toddler so she doesn't only have to stand.  I went to a baby store near me and test drove all the strollers to see what I liked.

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

• Options
    I got a Chicco Cortina Together off my neighborhood online garage sale Facebook page. It is in really good shape and I paid less than half of what it costs new. I REALLY like the City Select (we have a City Mini for DD), but I just couldn't justify the cost. DD will be almost 3 when #2 gets here, so I don't know that we'll use it THAT often, but I definitely wanted something for trips to the zoo, etc. If I end up taking them out together a lot, then I may save up for a double jogging stroller like the city select. 
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • Options
    We bought the Britax B-ready, it's comparable to the City Select from my research. We aren't using it for double purposes though. The great thing is when your oldest doesn't need to be in a stroller in goes back to a single stroller.
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • Options
    I have been in the same boat, wanting the city select but unable to justify the over $600 price tag! A good friend recommended the Joovy Ultralight Too and after reading reviews and test driving I think I will be happy with that one. It is at least half the price. Whatever you decide, I keep reminding myself it is an important investment and something you will be using on a regular basis so get something you're really happy with, even if it takes creative budgeting! Good luck!
    BFP #1: 10/15/10; M/C on 12/17/10 
    BFP #2: 2/14/11; DD born 10/28/11 
    BFP #3: 12/11/12; M/C on 1/21/13
    BFP #4: 4/1/13; EDD 12/5/13

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Since my DS will be 2 1/2 when the LO is born we are going to go with a sit and stand, just not for sure which one yet.  I have been using a Graco double stoller (for nannying) and the thing is a beast and I cannot stand it for much longer.  
    BFP
    #1 = DS Leland born 4/19/11
    BFP#2 = missed miscarriage and d/c
    BFP#3 EDD 12/31/13
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My mom bought us the city select with the jumper seat for our second and i adore it!! It was well worth the money IMO and I am just getting the glider board for when this one comes so I can push all three
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

My 3 ye old still loves the stroller, especially if we are on the go and she's tired or wants to snack.. We get a lot of use out of our double still
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm pretty convinced I'm getting the Baby Trend Sit and Stand. DS will be sitting facing out and the infant seat closest to me facing in. It does that right? I keep saying I need to research it and then I forget. Argh

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"