Single Parents
Options

Anyone elses child seem indifferent when comming home after a weekend?

I haven't been on here in probably like 6 months. Its been a little rough lately so I thought I'd possible re join you guys for a little support. My son is 20 months old. He sees his daddy every other weekend and 1-2 nights a week for a couple hours from 4-7, sometimes he visits at lunch when my mom is babysitting him and I'm at work. This weekend was the 1st where my ex husband kept him Friday night and Saturday night, prior it was only Saturday night.

He comes home today and cares more about seeing our dog and me. I'm talking 0 excitement. Its really upsetting, I feel like I don't spend enough time with him, and the time I do I'm getting ready in the morning, then coming home and cleaning/cooking at night then bed time. Anyone else dealing with this?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone elses child seem indifferent when comming home after a weekend?

• Options
    I'm a FTM, so take anything I say with a grain of salt. However, I think that actually means you're doing a good job. He feels comfortable and just like he's coming gone to normal. It probably mean BD did a good job too. I think it sounds like your LO is feeling loved and safe in his life. Hopefully you can find a little comfort in that.

• Options

thank you... That does make sense and really helps :)

He did act like he didn't want me to leave when I dropped him off at my Ex mother inlaws to watch him today while I worked.....have to admit, that made me feel good too:P

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"