bsims726bsims726 member
edited August 2013 in Trying to Get Pregnant

1 John 1:9

Romans 3:23:24

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 1 Peter 3:12-13

• Options
    I just went to a baby shower for ago of friend of mine, and I get where you are coming from. Yes it stings, but I have to second PP, life does go on. I have been TTC for 11 months, so I get the jealousy and frustration, but you have to remember that their joy/celebration does not and will not take away from yours when it is your time. If you are having a hard time with it, remember it is ok not to go :)
  • Options
    I agree with the PP that it's your choice to attend or not.  

However, if these ladies are really good friends of yours do you really want to miss their baby shower?  I would agree with your husband though that I think you are being kind of rude and spiteful.

You said yourself that your friends do not know that you and your husband are even ttc. I personally would think twice about "shutting out" all my pregnant friends just because you are jealous of them being pregnant. How do you think they will feel when you get your BFP? "Gesh, she didn't even want to see or talk to me while I was pregnant but now that she is pregnant...."
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I understand it can be painful at times when TTC is stressing you out, but what about when it is your turn? Don't you want these friends to be happy for you, there for you? Also I think it is kinda shitty you are relieved about the first shower because the baby was born prematurely, I won't touch that beyond saying that is shitty of you.
  • Options
    I know TTC can be stressful and sometimes things seem unfair. I think it is perfectly normal to throw a pity part for yourself now and then. I have had a few crying episodes myself! I found out yesterday that a friend of mine is pregnant. It stung a little and I did feel sorry for myself for a little while but I am still so happy for them. Just because I want a baby doesn't mean they don't want one just the same. I say be a good friend. You may in their shoes one day and you wouldn't want people skipping your shower, I'm guessing. If you do end up at your own shower one day you may look back and feel pretty silly or sorry for skipping your friend's. Just my opinion...

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    bsims726bsims726 member
    edited August 2013

1 Timothy 2:1, 3-4

Psalm 18:1-3

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm confused. You're going to still be in their lives with presents, visiting at hospital support them but you can't deal with a shower!?

If you don't want to go to the shower then don't go, but yes you are being petty and ridiculous. The fact that you were relieved that you didn't have to go to a shower of a preemie is completely fucked up.

How are you going to feel when you get pregnant and your friends don't want to support you because you skipped their shower.

Yes, they're tough. Yes, it can be painful. But life isn't about you. Out of curiosity, how long have you been TTC?

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Options
    You mentioned your DD in your reply... Were your friends there providing support and sharing in your happiness during your pregnancy? Don't you think they deserve that in return? I understand it can be hard... We have had friends announce their pregnancies since we started trying and it is hard to hear sometimes, since we want it to be our time too, but I'm still happy for them and would never miss a shower over it.

It's totally ok to get upset, but I think skipping out on a shower is a bit excessive. I'm sure when you take a step back and think about this you will see you are being a bit dramatic.
    UntitledUntitled
  • Options
    bsims726bsims726 member
    edited August 2013

Romans 3:23-26

Titus 3:4-5

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    bsims726 said:

Look, I'm not gonna keep explaining myself to ya'll bcuz ya'll don't know the details of my life so this will probably be my last reply on this. Feel free to have your opinion of me (or my husband for marrying me) but I know I am a good person and he knows it too. I also know my friends and know that they will still be my friends even if I don't attend their showers. And if they do decide not to attend my shower when it's my turn then that's life and I'll deal, all I need is God and my family anyway.

Next time you want to vent, you may want to reconsider how much of a dick you sound like. Because we will surely tell you. Truth hurts. Deal with it.

Also, you may only need God and your husband, but you may want to think about what you're husband is saying. He does know your life and he can see right through your selfishness.

You never did answer my question...how long have you been TTC?

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Options
    "The other day, friend #1 announced the cancellation of her baby shower due to her having the baby prematurely. I gave my well wishes, etc. but I have to admit I didn't feel completely disappointed, I was happy I wasn't gonna have to face all the mommy-to-be stuff"

That's fucked up.

My DD was a month premature. She wasn't crying or breathing when I delivered her. Her first pictures were her laying naked surrounded by tubes and an oxygen tent. I had preclampsia and lost my vision so I didn't even see her clearly till she was a week old.

THANK GOD you got to skip seeing your friend ooh and ahh over onesies and a Vulli giraffe.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I get that it can be painful as I had a miscarriage before my DD was born.  However, my cousin had a miscarriage early in my pregnancy with DD and she refused to be around me my entire pregnancy. That stung.  The hurt goes both ways.  I hope you can be supportive of your friends and show up at their showers.
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• Options
    rtv3rtv3 member
    sister13 said:
    bsims726 said:
    Look, I'm not gonna keep explaining myself to ya'll bcuz ya'll don't know the details of my life so this will probably be my last reply on this. Feel free to have your opinion of me (or my husband for marrying me) but I know I am a good person and he knows it too. I also know my friends and know that they will still be my friends even if I don't attend their showers. And if they do decide not to attend my shower when it's my turn then that's life and I'll deal, all I need is God and my family anyway.
    BECAUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you! That was bothering me so much!

OP, you can be upset all you want, but part of being an adult is sucking it up and dealing with it. Please do so.
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Options
    dlsexton said:

I get that it can be painful as I had a miscarriage before my DD was born.  However, my cousin had a miscarriage early in my pregnancy with DD and she refused to be around me my entire pregnancy. That stung.  The hurt goes both ways.  I hope you can be supportive of your friends and show up at their showers.

The hurt may go both ways but if your cousin was feeling sad enough she couldn't stand to be around you and all of your mutual family members oohing and awing over you after she suffered a loss I would hope you would be understanding of her situation. Honestly if it had been my cousin it would hurt me a lot more to see her in pain at my shower or a family event. I don't expect everyone to come to my shower if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant as their life does not revolve around my life.

OP - I didn't go to one of my best friends showers because it was 2 hours away, she didn't come to my bridal shower, and I knew she was inviting this social idiot who would make comments about how I was the first to get married and I still haven't had a baby. I sent a very nice gift. I certainly didn't wish her ill.
    When the Lord closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.
  • Options
    OP is incredibly selfish but to be fair she didn't say that the baby was fighting for his or her life. I was three weeks premature and I was fine. Our friends had an 8 lb baby born 5 weeks early. She was perfectly healthy and went home in a few days. They joke that she wasn't premature, she was right on time. I'm giving OP the benefit of the doubt and I'm going to assume that she is just a selfish idiot and the baby was born 3 to 5 weeks early with no complications. OP if I'm wrong you aren't just being selfish. You are being evil.
  • Options
    The hurt may go both ways but if your cousin was feeling sad enough she couldn't stand to be around you and all of your mutual family members oohing and awing over you after she suffered a loss I would hope you would be understanding of her situation. Honestly if it had been my cousin it would hurt me a lot more to see her in pain at my shower or a family event. I don't expect everyone to come to my shower if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant as their life does not revolve around my life. OP - I didn't go to one of my best friends showers because it was 2 hours away, she didn't come to my bridal shower, and I knew she was inviting this social idiot who would make comments about how I was the first to get married and I still haven't had a baby. I sent a very nice gift. I certainly didn't wish her ill.
    I could understand her not wanting to come to my shower, that's fine, I completely get that. But refusing to be anywhere I was my entire pregnancy? Yeah..that hurts.
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• Options
    bsims726 said:
    Hi everyone, I'm back. I have to adnit I half expected the responses I received. Don't get me wrong, I am not an evil person. I do feel and pray for friend #1 bcuz my DD was born prematurely so I know how that can go. And yes, I was being overdramatic & throwin a "pity party" on purpose. Like I said before, my husband knows when not to take me seriously so he knows my true feelings are not truly malicious. I am happy for my friends bcuz babies are a blessing and I do offer my support whether it be offering advice, a listening ear, or whatever I can give. Just bcuz I may decide to skip their showers, doesn't mean I'm not gonna give them gifts, visit them at the hospital or home, or ban them & their babies from my life. Again, I was in a mood, being overdramatic. I know life doesn't revolve around me & my problems but I also know that I am not required to do or attend something I am not emotionally comfortable with.
    I am confused -- you are going to get them a gift, you see them, offer advice, are a listening ear, you are going to visit them in the hospital and/or at home after the baby is born. However, hold the phone -- attending their shower is just too much for you?  Geesh, you sound really immature and it seems like you do not want to attend their shower because they are the Mom to Be, not you. 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• Options
    teal owl said:

"The other day, friend #1 announced the cancellation of her baby shower due to her having the baby prematurely. I gave my well wishes, etc. but I have to admit I didn't feel completely disappointed, I was happy I wasn't gonna have to face all the mommy-to-be stuff"

That's fucked up.

My DD was a month premature. She wasn't crying or breathing when I delivered her. Her first pictures were her laying naked surrounded by tubes and an oxygen tent. I had preclampsia and lost my vision so I didn't even see her clearly till she was a week old.

THANK GOD you got to skip seeing your friend ooh and ahh over onesies and a Vulli giraffe.

I'm so sorry you went through this.
  • Options
    Overly harsh, people. What's the point of a TTC blog if you can't bitch out your frustration over not having a BFP? Better to vent to faceless strangers on the Internet than people who are friends and family. Bitch away. I get it. Baby showers and BFP announcements suck when you're waiting on yours.
  • Options
    You chose to focus on one part of her post. I'm choosing to focus on another.
  • Options
    Mar14 said:
    Overly harsh, people. What's the point of a TTC blog if you can't bitch out your frustration over not having a BFP? Better to vent to faceless strangers on the Internet than people who are friends and family. Bitch away. I get it. Baby showers and BFP announcements suck when you're waiting on yours.
    Thank you, I feel like you get me. Although, this technically is a forum, not a blog, I feel like you get where I was coming from.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    OP - You sound like a whiny attention whore.

You can deal with seeing the mom and dad with the actual baby and bring gifts etc, but can't handle the shower? Is it because you don't want the attention to be on your friends? You sound like you're 13.
  • Options
    bsims726bsims726 member
    edited August 2013

Proverbs 15:1

Matthew 6:14

Ephesians 4:29

1 John 1:9-10

Proverbs 12:18

1 Peter 4:8

Acts 16:31

Ephesians 5:1

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    People do post vents. They aren't relieved that their friends are facing a very difficult time (that you have been through FFS, which just adds to the extremely bitchiness of your comments) because it means they don't have to brush off a couple annoying questions. Thank God they did that for your convenience. How horrible for you with your whole 6 months of trying that you might have to go to a baby shower.

I went to plenty of showers in the years we were TTC. Not once did anyone ask me when we were going to have a baby because they were focused on the guest of honor as they should be. It's pretty sad that you are so certain that the talk would revolve around you.

This.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    Well, I guess I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't here. I offered my apology, whether you accept it or not is your problem. I'm gonna learn from my mistakes, move on, and stop dwelling on this post. Bye! God bless!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Wait, you spend 28 hours a week online related to TTC? That's a part time job...
    If only you could get paid to read forums...haha. 
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I was invited to 3 baby showers in the last month.  One was before I was diagnosed with PCOS and the other two was after I was diagnosed with PCOS and was on meds.  Despite how much I didn't want to go because of all these things happening to me (I was also extremely emotional and hormonal)  I still went.  I needed to support my two cousins and my friend.  Also, If I didn't go I would have never heard the end of it.  Fortunately, my mother did come with me to one of my cousin's baby shower which really helped because she knew what I was going through. The worst part was at one of the showers was when my cousin asked me to be in a picture with her and my other pregnant cousin.  She told me, "stand in the middle since we are bigger than you".    It was the most awkward picture that I ever had to take especially since we were all suppose to TTC this summer (their idea) and they are both due a week apart from each other in September. The best part was when they both took me aside and asked me about TTC.  I held my composure throughout this whole ordeal and said it will happen when it happens. I didn't want to tell them about what I am going through since they wouldn't understand and they are the type of people who would tell everyone my business.  I am very happy for all three of the women whose showers I attended, but it did drain me emotionally.  They just don't know what is going on with me and I don't want them too.  It isn't their fault that I am feeling a certain way, and I only think it is right to support them in their joyous journey to motherhood.  I would want some one to do the same for me. Lets just say if I can go through this then I am sure  you can too.  Just have a drink or two or three like I did when you get home.  As the saying goes "what ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger".  GL with whatever decision you make.

me 28-DH 30
    dated DH - 2001
    married DH- 4/4/2009
    off BC & TTC - March 2013 
    diagnosed with PCOS on July 29, 2013
    SA-  low sperm count, low motility, and forward progression 
    Medicated cycle #1 with 100mg clomid cycle (October 3)-  No ovulation or mature follies were present on U/S day 14. IUI was cancelled.
    BFP on 11/23/13!! Due date is July 20, 2014!
    Yeah! DH and I did it on our own without any treatments or procedures. We are excited about our miracle baby.
  • Options
    I love how honest all you ladies are. Take the thoughts right from my brain before I even read through all the responses.

There is times in life where you have to just suck it up and be happy for people, especially if those people are your good friends! When I had my miscarriage, ONE day later, my best friend told me she was pregnant. I was there for her through it ALL, baby shower included. Want to know why? Because she means the world to me. That same little boy turned 3 and he thinks the WORLD of me. I'm so glad I was there for her through her pregnancy and motherhood or else I wouldn't have gotten to know such a lovely child. Sure, it was a hard time for me and I was so heart broken, but it's not like anyone was intentionally trying to hurt me. Like several ladies mentioned to you. Jealousy can be such an evil emotion sometimes, you can't let it get in the way of the important things!

Anniversary

My husband and I tied the knot on June 29th, 2013

First pregnancy: BFP- 10/23/09. EDD- 06/30/09. MC- 11/23/09

TTC #1 since August 2013: Hooray!

DX: PCOS 9/23/13

• Options
    What happened to the original post?
  • Options
    rtv3rtv3 member
    sueann911 said:
    1 Corinthians 13:11 Grow up OP.
    lol - that is totally the perfect verse for OP :)
    image    image

With the possible exception of the equator, everything begins somewhere. - C.S.Lewis

• Options

What's with all the bible verses?

This. Fill a heathen in? (PITA to Google on my phone.)
    imageimage
    Newlyweds as of 10/13/2012
    Not trying, barely preventing until we finish renovating. Assuming we ever finish.

• Options
    Ohhh goodness. I'm so excited. She changed all of them to bible verses. This is about to get even better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD on a recent trip to London. 3 yrs old.
    EDD 4/7/18
    MC 5/20/17 @8 wks
  • Options
    Jasperk23Jasperk23 member
    edited August 2013

Jasperk23 said:

What's with all the bible verses?

This. Fill a heathen in? (PITA to Google on my phone.)

1 John 1:9

New International Version (NIV)

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 3:23-24

New International Version (NIV)

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Apparently we are not forgiving enough.

Thanks, doll!
    OP - nicely done! (I haven't yet mastered sarcasm quotes). I actually thought you were kinda funny and that you would pull through this, but then you ruined it. If you're serious about staying (and behaving for a little while), just make a new account and for frig's sake, LURK.

Edited because I suck at quoting.

Edited again because I got my posts crossed. I'm sorry, it was the other girl I found funny (backhanded apology girl in the other thtead). I don't know what to think of you. Please ignore me.
    imageimage
    Newlyweds as of 10/13/2012
    Not trying, barely preventing until we finish renovating. Assuming we ever finish.

• Options
    gcamacho0816gcamacho0816 member
    edited August 2013
    Hi! I understand how you feel. It can hurt when so many other people are getting pregnant. I have a best friend who is pregnant and I am so excited for her. I could never think of missing her shower. I ask her how she feels. She is also considerate of my feelings because she always asks how I am feeling and imagines me pregos with her sometimes. I am not pregnant yet, still TTC but this is a sign of what a great friend she is and I owe her that same kind of friendship. I know when my time comes she will be just as happy and excited for me too. Stay positive and think about your friend like family. You will be there for her when she needs you and meeting the baby is going to be even more wonderful when he or she is born. Try not to miss the shower for your friend because you do not want to have regrets. Just look forward on how great it would be when the time comes. Lots of luck. I wish you the best of health and positivity during TTC.
  • Options
    Bible verses!!!!  REALLY!  I was going to stay out of it until you changed everything to Bible verses.  As a church going Christian I find that offensive.  You get offended and mad, so then you start listing Bible verses.  Just leave it like it was and walk away.
  • Options
    bdcram said:
    Even I don't quote the bible this much. Church was yesterday, ladies...
    You're back from the dead?!
    I done been resurrected. Ain't no body gonna hold me down!
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m81kijAFi61qzfsnio1_500.png
  • Options
    MauiBliss said:
    bdcram said:
    Even I don't quote the bible this much. Church was yesterday, ladies...
    You're back from the dead?!
    I done been resurrected. Ain't no body gonna hold me down!
    I have no idea who you are...but I think I love you.
    I lost my life too soon, but I've come back from the dead. 150 years? Psh!
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m81kijAFi61qzfsnio1_500.png
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"