June 2013 Moms
Options

Mamas w/ 8 weekers I have a question

Sorry if this has been discussed recently....

How are your 8 weekers sleeping?

DS will only nap for 45 min during the day. I've tried everything I can think of to help him stay asleep w/ no success. At night he sleeps 3-4 hours then I'm lucky to get 2 consecutive hours. This all just started this week, he's 8 weeks on Saturday. Just wondering if this is par for the course

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

Re: Mamas w/ 8 weekers I have a question

• Options
    Very similar to my lo, he is 8 weeks as of yesterday.  He sleeps maybe two hours during theday, then one long stretch at night usually around 4 hours, then 2hour or less the rest of the night.  Im tired!
  • Options
    My son is 8 weeks today and this sounds exactly like him. After his 6 week growth spurt I got a few nights with a four hour stretch then a 3 hour stretch, but this week we have went back to 2-3 hour stretches all night. He does nap pretty well during the day although he does take cat naps sometimes. I got spoiled by those 4 hour nights. I'm hoping we will turn the corner soon! I have to go back to work in a few weeks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO turned 8 weeks on Tuesday. She only takes cat naps during the day (20-40 mins). I put her down around 10pm and she will sleep 5-6 hours. Her morning feeding routine takes about an hour and then she will sleep for another 3 hours. It was a lot of trial and error, but the magic combination was putting her down at 10 after nursing, swaddling her in the miracle blanket swaddle and sleeping in a rock n play. She would bust out of regular swaddles and wake herself up. She also hated the pack n play co sleeper. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Our LO was 8 weeks yesterday. He doesn't sleep much during the day either - he eats, plays for an hour and then naps for maybe 40-50 minutes. He repeats that all day. At night he has been doing really well - sleeping at least 6 hours in the first stretch of the night and then another 4 after he eats. But it hasn't always been that way... He was an around-the-clock 2 hour eater for the first six weeks. Our routine at night is eat, play (if he's not a grouch) or bath (every other night), nap, eat, time for bed. It's been working well so far. The first night he slept six hours I felt like a whole new woman. I hope you all get nights like that soon!
  • Options
    Well my LO is 9 weeks today and his night time schedule is exactly like yours although he does nap well during the day.
  • Options

We usually get a 6 hour stretch at night. Naps depend on what we are doing. She napped really well today because I managed to keep DS quiet and we didn't have anything to do.

I've started using the swings for naps because she'll nap longer. Evenings are really rough if she doesn't get enough daytime sleep....and probably because we don't have a bedtime routine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ok all that makes me feel better. He just looks so tired during the day. We've had one 6 hour stretch Sunday night, it was heavenly.

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Options
    My guy is a short napper too (30 min) but we can go much longer if he sleeps on my chest, nursing as needed (up to 4 hrs!) Maybe try it if he really needs the rest. Or i put him in my carrier and go for long walk, he sleeps the whole time and I get my exercise.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are 8 weeks today.  At night DS is sleeping well.  Usually from 9 or 10 at night to 4 or 5 in the morning!  He is awesome.  But I cannot get him back to sleep in the AM at all.  During the day its hard too.  He fights some of his naps making him cry more at night.  I try to get him sleeping but sometimes it feels like all I am doing is feeding him or trying to get him to sleep! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    BC&LMBC&LM member
    edited August 2013
    I actually have a nine weeker, but I figured that is close enough and would answer anyway. At night he sleeps for a couple of hours, about 9-11 pm or so, then gets up to feed, then sleeps another 4-6 hours, then gets up to feed. Then he will sometimes go down for another 1-2 hours. Overnight we swaddle him to help him sleep well. During the day, he was only napping short stretches, and usually only on me, but then yesterday I figured out that he was still a little cold even though he already had on a onesie and a sleeper, so I put a SleepSack on him and he napped MUCH longer in his Rock and Play, like a two hour stretch and a one hour stretch.

Other than swaddling him and making sure he is warm enough, other tricks that help him fall asleep are rocking him, giving him the pacifier, and letting him cuddle on my shoulder while I rub his back.
  • Options
    DD takes naps from 40 minutes to 1.5 hours during the day. She was sleeping from 12 to 5 for a week and this week the longest night stretch was 3 hours.
  • Options
    GRJCGRJC member
    edited August 2013
    I have a nine weeker... last week and from about weeks 4-8 he was going about three hours from one feed to the next with about an hour of awake time and about two hours of napping in between.  So about six feedings during the day.  He then would eat twice at night.

Starting about this week (nine weeks) he's gone about seven feedings during the day.  Slightly longer time awake and slightly smaller naps.  In the evening instead of eating every three hours or so he eats around 4p 6p 8p and then the last meal at 1030ish when my husband feeds him a BM bottle.  He is now sleeping until between 3-5am and then waking at 7:30 when we wake him up.

I'm following a loose version of the Babywise books.  Not everyone loves those books but it seems to be working out decent for me.   Good luck.

1st Misc 11w2d
    2nd Misc 6w2d
    3rd Preg, Second Month on Clomed
    Baby Boy Born June 2013!
    4th Preg, Fifth Month on Clomed 
    Due 8/3/16

Follow me and my journey at:

http://alltheprettythings-cristina.blogspot.com/

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My Lo is 8 weeks and 3 days and has slept thru the night the past 2 nights before that she would wake up once at 3:30am each morning. every 3 hours feeding in the day and then down after bath and last feeding at 9:30pm, she now wakes up at 6:30am so the schedule is 6:30am, 9:30am, 12:30p, 3:30p, 6:30p, 9:30pm and bed, Babywise
  • Options
    Mine will nap twice a day, from like 9-11, then 3-5. He will go to bed at 10, and sleep until 6, and sort of sleeps from 7-9.
  • Options
    He was sleeping 5-6 hours and up every two then one 2-3 hour nap during the day. 1 to 3 45 min naps. Now at about the last 3 days which marked his 8 weeks he's been up more frequently and I'm EBF so he's eating almost every hour!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"