February 2014 Moms
Options

Strollers and diaper bags and co-sleepers, oh my!

So I'm thinking ahead to the holidays, and registries, etc. Hoping to take advantage of the timing and stock up on stuff, but wanting to make sure that what I register for online is actually what will work best. I want to go push strollers, carry bags, and fondle co-sleepers, among other things. For you non-FTMs, or those who have done some adventuring, what are your favorite stores for "testing" products? Where have you found the best stuff? Thanks in advance!

Carley

Re: Strollers and diaper bags and co-sleepers, oh my!

• Options
    Buy Buy Baby!  If you need to, they will let you test car seats in your car (in the parking lot), and the like.

I'm hoping to do some Black Friday damage this year. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    To be honest, in our area (Atlanta) the best stores to test out strollers are usually the smaller boutique stores.  They tend to carry the less "generic" brands whereas BRU and BBB seem to only have the typical Graco/Chicco/BabyTrend brands.  But I have noticed they are beginning to branch out and carry more Britax and Baby Jogger products as well.  I nearly had a panic attack the first time I walked into BRU planning to register that day so my advice is to go browse a few times before you register.  I swear that wall of bottles sent me into hyperventilation.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ras26ras26 member
    I'm not sure if it's a chain or just local (too lazy to google), but in Maryland there is a store called "Great Beginnings" that has floor models of TONS of things that you can see/try out.
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

all we have around us is a BRU and Burlington. And definitely test the carseats IN YOUR CAR. For DS the car seat I got was so huge I could barely fit it in my Focus with someone sitting in the passenger seat. I plan on hitting up BRU's trade-in event in September and trading in that horrible horrible infant car seat and stroller for nice new ones.

PSA: Safety 1st's OnBoard Air 35 infant car seats are gigantic, and the coordinating stroller was awful. The tray was so deep that it scraped DS's thighs and it was extremely difficult to get him out. W ewill be going with Graco this time.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    To be honest, in our area (Atlanta) the best stores to test out strollers are usually the smaller boutique stores.  They tend to carry the less "generic" brands whereas BRU and BBB seem to only have the typical Graco/Chicco/BabyTrend brands.  But I have noticed they are beginning to branch out and carry more Britax and Baby Jogger products as well.  I nearly had a panic attack the first time I walked into BRU planning to register that day so my advice is to go browse a few times before you register.  I swear that wall of bottles sent me into hyperventilation.
    Buy Buy Baby carries Bugaboo, Orbit, UppaBaby, CityMini... :)  I'm waiting for the Bugaboo Buffalo to come out.  It should be here by the end of the year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Buy Buy Baby carries Bugaboo, Orbit, UppaBaby, CityMini... :)  I'm waiting for the Bugaboo Buffalo to come out.  It should be here by the end of the year.

We only have 1 BBB in Atlanta and it's a bit far for me.  Last time I was in there was probably 2+ years ago and they didn't have any of those on display.  Glad to know they've raised the bar.  Graco and Chicco are awesome for carseats but their strollers don't cut it IMO.

• Options
    versedversed member
    Definitely BBB - ours has at least 50 strollers all out and ready to push around. We popped DS in one along with the display carseat ( the same we have at home), and the sales guy was an expert and was able to answer all our questions. Before DS came, we visited and tested our stroller (britax b-ready) against the other models at least five times before purchasing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Which boutique stores in Atlanta do you like? :)
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately no Buy Buy Baby stores out where I am. :( We do have Bed Bath & Beyond though, and I can check Babies R Us and Target and such.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"