VBAC
Options

Any Natural VBAC stories?

cmb2cmb2 member
I was hoping to have a natural birth with DD last year, but had to have an emergency c-section at 36w due to HELLP syndrome.  Currently 7wks along with #2 and hoping for some natural VBAC success stories!  I'll be having a hospital birth, since birth centers don't do VBACs (at least the ones close to me) - with a midwife and about to interview a doula.  Looking forward to hearing your stories and so happy for everyone else that is able to have their VBACs as well - congrats to all of you :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any Natural VBAC stories?

• Options
    My VBAC was an all natural, water birth in a hospital with an OB.  I traveled about 45 minutes farther away than I had with my cs baby to be with a highly respected natural birth friendly doctor and hospital.  I had a wonderful experience and would not have changed a thing.  I was able to refuse the IV and hep loc and truly do it all on my own.  I went into labor at 41 weeks 3 days and baby was born exactly 5 hours after my water broke.

My advice would be to find the best vbac/natural birth support possible in your area, meaning midwife/ob, hospital and doula should all be completely on board with your plans. Make sure that no one is going to impose any artificial "end" date on your pregnancy (i.e. "you can only have a vbac if you go into labor by your due date, etc.").  As for getting through the labor itself, the most important thing for me was that when I got to that point where I didn't think I could do it anymore and I started yelling "I can't do this!", my doula looked me in the eyes and told me that I "was" doing it and that I was doing great.  Those words meant more to me in that moment than anything else I could have imagined.  Not a single person who was present at the birth every doubted that I could do it and it was just an all around joyous birth.  I hope that you can have something similar!
  • Options
    skioskio member
    edited August 2013
    Sounds like you're on the right track! Supportive providers are the most important thing. I had a med-free VBAC in a hospital with an OB and doula. I wanted to avoid meds because I believe the epi was the start of my problems the first time. Granted, I asked for drugs during transition, but it was too late and I knew it. And I'm glad. :)

Here's a link to my loooong birth story. https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/9072698/my-medfree-vbac-success-story

Good luck!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"