July 2012 Moms
Options

Fit Momma Monday!

I'll be doing this weekly thread if anyone has an interest in working on their health goals with some support! I always do better with my goals when I'm being held accountable in some way. The weekends are always the worst for me as far as falling off of the wagon so knowing I'm "reporting" on monday might help curb the nomming. I know weight is not the only health barometer but I've put it in here since I'm goal-weight focused. If you have other goals, please sub them in!

Current Weight:

August/Long Term Goal Weight:

Goal for the week (food, activity, weight):

Any recent health-oriented successes?

GTKY: What are your tips of the trade for meeting your goals?

GTKY 2: What is your motivation to meet your goals now?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Fit Momma Monday!

• Options
    Current Weight: 151

August/Long Term Goal Weight: 146 (August), 135 (Long term)

Goal for the week (food, activity, weight): Do some physical activity every day - walks, cleaning, or a workout DVD. I hateee workout DVDs so knowing I'll have to do one if I don't manage to do anything else should help me get off my ass. 

Any recent health-oriented successes? Both Saturday and Sunday I ate within my calorie goal AND did yard work both days. Yesterday at work I daydreamed about getting a peanut butter snickers for about ... 5 hours but I didn't go! And I didn't raid the pantry when I got home like I often do after a day like that. 

GTKY: What are your tips of the trade for meeting your goals? I don't keep sugary snacks in the house and when I do I buy them individually packaged so I'm not tempted to eat more than a serving. I also keep tons of popsicles in the house - they are low calorie but feel like a treat still. 

GTKY 2: What is your motivation to meet your goals now? I'm not letting myself buy much new stuff until I reach my goal weight. I don't want to spend money on each new stage of a wardrobe. This means I rotate through like 2 things right now. Not really but it feels like it. If I want the new stuff I gotta put in the work!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Current Weight: 151

August/Long Term Goal Weight: 147 / 135

Goal for the week (food, activity, weight): Drink my full water every day.  Bring lunch 2x.

Any recent health-oriented successes?  Nothing particularly.

GTKY: What are your tips of the trade for meeting your goals?  Plan ahead!! 

GTKY 2: What is your motivation to meet your goals now?  Essentially no longer nursing, so need to learn to adjust to lower calorie-demand.   And I went shopping this weekend and I'd say I'm _this_ close to being down a size.  Would rather just get to me endpoint and then be able to buy new clothes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Current Weight: 138.5

August/Long Term Goal Weight: 135/129

Goal for the week (food, activity, weight): Start working out during the day and cut out snacking at night.
    Any recent health-oriented successes? No

GTKY: What are your tips of the trade for meeting your goals? Weighing myself every few days helps keep me on track. Also, my husband is also working on his weight, so it helps to have someone to keep me accountable.
    GTKY 2: What is your motivation to meet your goals now? We go to CA at the end of September to see family. I want to be in great shape since I will be wearing shorts and a swimsuit.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @chipmunk112511 you are a beast! I'm amazed you're still going with the weight loss after the wedding. After the wedding I totally threw in the towel... hence the reason why I had so much to lose. Kudos!

@briderx Congrats on the weight loss! That first loss always feels so good!

@Pandril19 Hey goal twinsies!

@Meow84 Good luck on the cleanse and the Insanity - both at the same time is some serious commitment :)

@Mightybee You're right, the first few days are the hardest. It always feels downhill after day 3. Once I've put in solid effort for 3 days I don't want to undo it. 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"