Babies on the Brain

What is with the PMs?

2»

Re: What is with the PMs?

• BallSox said:
    Let's pretend for a moment, shall we?  You have friends and are sitting at your weekly lunch date.  For years now, you and your friends have met every week at your favorite cafe.  People have cried together, laughed together, confided in each other, and celebrated together---every week.  

Suddenly, a stranger shows up in the cafe, walks over to your table and sits themselves down.  "My boobs hurt, I fart a lot, I felt like I was going to throw up and I'm lactating.  I tested and I got a negative, but I totes know I'm preggo.  Can you tell me about all of the times you were pregnant and got negative tests?"   
    "If you got a negative test, you're not pregnant." 
    "NO WAY--I'M TOTES PREGGO!"  
    "You may be in denial, but you're not pregnant." 
    "My doctor told me I'm probably having a miscarriage." 
    "Yeah, Katie over here actually had a miscarriage last month and it's insulting that you would be going around saying that when you actually weren't pregnant at all." 
    "OMG----YOU GUYS ARE SO RUDE! You really should be nicer to people. What are you, in high school?  Seriously, you're bullies, I feel bad for your families.  You're going to be horrible mothers because you're so nasty."  
    "Yeah, I'm not a mom yet, but nice try." 
    "Ever think that perhaps God doesn't want you to have a baby because you're such a bitter bitch?"
    "You can leave now." 
    "You can't make me, I'm going to start coming here every week and you need to be nice to me because I'm a real person and I deserve your respect!" 

**Before I get jumped, the infertile because you're a bitch thing didn't come up in this most recent conversation, but it has come up a number of times in the past.**

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I have never said anything on the internet that I wouldn't say to a persons face.   The people who have become a part of this board got it because they came on here giving as much as they took.  They contributed to conversations before they started demanding everyone's undivided attention.  They read posts and got to know people.  We invited them to the table and they became part of the family.  I give respect when it is earned and when you come here and get pissy because you didn't get the answer you wanted, you have done nothing to earn it.  

Ok you are at your favorite cafe, you don't own the cafe. They may be in the cafe but they are sitting at a different table. 

Bad analogy anyway, this is a public forum. Your "table" is not. If they comment on your post sure light em up if you feel like it. But don't jump up and down their backside on a post they started because you believe you somehow have a say in how the site works. 

This is a board for people to come ask questions. They are allowed to do that whether you like it or not.

They don't have to earn anything from you before asking questions, just don't answer if you feel they haven't contributed. They aren't looking for your negativity, they are looking for support. 

All I hear is "They haven't been here they don't have the right" There is no rule anywhere that states you must wait 3 days, hop on one foot, and kiss your veteran backsides before they can post a question. Get over yourselves, you just aren't that important.

Most of you are young, from the OMG, WTF, ROFLMAO, I text everyone rather than speaking to them because I don't have any actual communication skills, and I have zero respect for anyone generation, so like I'm totally going to call someone out on a forum that is supposed to be support oriented. 

Go back to your tanning bed, cake your makeup on, put on to much perfume, look yourself in the mirror and say "I'm different from every other girl with a toe ring". 

• hmm81 said:

Go back to your tanning bed, cake your makeup on, put on to much perfume, look yourself in the mirror and say "I'm different from every other girl with a toe ring". 

ZOMG!!!1!!! That is totes balls!!!111!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Go back to your tanning bed, cake your makeup on, put on to much perfume, look yourself in the mirror and say "I'm different from every other girl with a toe ring". 

ZOMG!!!1!!! That is totes balls!!!111!!

But damn it, I *AM* different from every other girl with a toe ring! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • In other news, we got your point.  You think we're awful people.  You think we haze all newbies.  You think we're bad moms and wannabe moms.  You're literally one of the most annoying broken records I've seen in a long time.  You're obviously miserable here as all you seem to do/post is complaining about us or commenting when someone else complains about us.  

It's a public forum, I get it, but why in the hell would someone choose to stay around people that *supposedly* make them so miserable/they hate so much?   I promise you, many many many many many many many many have came here through the years and attempted to "fix" us.  They've all failed because we don't want to be fixed.  The first step is admitting we need help and that's never going to happen because we don't want help, we like us the way we are.  

I've never actually used the block function on here before, but I'm awful tempted.  Seeing you try repeatedly to "fix" us by constantly lecturing us with your self-righteous tone is downright depressing to watch.  If you don't like us, leave.  If you don't like the culture of the board, leave.  Life is too short to spend it sitting around a place you don't like, trying to find people to lecture, my friend.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • hmm81 said:
    BallSox said:
    Let's pretend for a moment, shall we?  You have friends and are sitting at your weekly lunch date.  For years now, you and your friends have met every week at your favorite cafe.  People have cried together, laughed together, confided in each other, and celebrated together---every week.  

Suddenly, a stranger shows up in the cafe, walks over to your table and sits themselves down.  "My boobs hurt, I fart a lot, I felt like I was going to throw up and I'm lactating.  I tested and I got a negative, but I totes know I'm preggo.  Can you tell me about all of the times you were pregnant and got negative tests?"   
    "If you got a negative test, you're not pregnant." 
    "NO WAY--I'M TOTES PREGGO!"  
    "You may be in denial, but you're not pregnant." 
    "My doctor told me I'm probably having a miscarriage." 
    "Yeah, Katie over here actually had a miscarriage last month and it's insulting that you would be going around saying that when you actually weren't pregnant at all." 
    "OMG----YOU GUYS ARE SO RUDE! You really should be nicer to people. What are you, in high school?  Seriously, you're bullies, I feel bad for your families.  You're going to be horrible mothers because you're so nasty."  
    "Yeah, I'm not a mom yet, but nice try." 
    "Ever think that perhaps God doesn't want you to have a baby because you're such a bitter bitch?"
    "You can leave now." 
    "You can't make me, I'm going to start coming here every week and you need to be nice to me because I'm a real person and I deserve your respect!" 

**Before I get jumped, the infertile because you're a bitch thing didn't come up in this most recent conversation, but it has come up a number of times in the past.**

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I have never said anything on the internet that I wouldn't say to a persons face.   The people who have become a part of this board got it because they came on here giving as much as they took.  They contributed to conversations before they started demanding everyone's undivided attention.  They read posts and got to know people.  We invited them to the table and they became part of the family.  I give respect when it is earned and when you come here and get pissy because you didn't get the answer you wanted, you have done nothing to earn it.  

Ok you are at your favorite cafe, you don't own the cafe. They may be in the cafe but they are sitting at a different table. 

Bad analogy anyway, this is a public forum. Your "table" is not. If they comment on your post sure light em up if you feel like it. But don't jump up and down their backside on a post they started because you believe you somehow have a say in how the site works. 

This is a board for people to come ask questions. They are allowed to do that whether you like it or not.

They don't have to earn anything from you before asking questions, just don't answer if you feel they haven't contributed. They aren't looking for your negativity, they are looking for support. 

All I hear is "They haven't been here they don't have the right" There is no rule anywhere that states you must wait 3 days, hop on one foot, and kiss your veteran backsides before they can post a question. Get over yourselves, you just aren't that important.

Most of you are young, from the OMG, WTF, ROFLMAO, I text everyone rather than speaking to them because I don't have any actual communication skills, and I have zero respect for anyone generation, so like I'm totally going to call someone out on a forum that is supposed to be support oriented. 

This sight was not built to be support oriented. It was built for monetary purposes. To assume that joining will give you automatic support from strangers is just plain ignorant.

Your example makes no sense pertaining to this website.

"Ok you are at your favorite cafe, you don't own the cafe. They may be in the cafe but they are sitting at a different table."

You don't own said cafe. You sit at table and shout out symptoms and if anyone in cafe knows if your pregnant. Because when you are starting a thread, you are opening it up to the entire board, not just a private group of people (like shouting at an entire cafe instead of asking your personal table).

Sit your ass down, order an espresso and Google it FFS
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • BallSox said:
    In other news, we got your point.  You think we're awful people.  You think we haze all newbies.  You think we're bad moms and wannabe moms.  You're literally one of the most annoying broken records I've seen in a long time.  You're obviously miserable here as all you seem to do/post is complaining about us or commenting when someone else complains about us.  

It's a public forum, I get it, but why in the hell would someone choose to stay around people that *supposedly* make them so miserable/they hate so much?   I promise you, many many many many many many many many have came here through the years and attempted to "fix" us.  They've all failed because we don't want to be fixed.  The first step is admitting we need help and that's never going to happen because we don't want help, we like us the way we are.  

I've never actually used the block function on here before, but I'm awful tempted.  Seeing you try repeatedly to "fix" us by constantly lecturing us with your self-righteous tone is downright depressing to watch.  If you don't like us, leave.  If you don't like the culture of the board, leave.  Life is too short to spend it sitting around a place you don't like, trying to find people to lecture, my friend.  
    In other news, we got your point.  You think we're awful people.  You think we haze all newbies.  You think we're bad moms and wannabe moms.  You're literally one of the most annoying broken records I've seen in a long time.  You're obviously miserable here as all you seem to do/post is complaining about us or commenting when someone else complains about us.  

I didn't say anyone was a bad mother, I cannot nor will I judge your parenting skills as I have no evidence to say you are a bad parent. But you are some bitter wenches.

I'm actually not miserable here, I find this entertaining after a long day of work. You are all so caught up in your superiority complexes that you can't even see that the only people agreeing with you, are your own little Clique of friends with which you've been posting for however long.

The reason you can't be fixed is because simply, You can't fix stupid. Stupid is forever! I agree that you like yourselves the way you are, Like minded people congregate together so that they can feel better in knowing that they aren't the only stupid people out there. 

Oh please block me. I have already won in knowing that you admitted you needed fixing, but choose not to be fixed.  And I quote " They've all failed because we don't want to be fixed"

Cheers!

PS. Dummy

• @hmm81 no one admitted to needing fixing. Only your desperation to fix us. We are not broken. We are honest, sometimes snarky women.

Quite hypocritical to condemn all of these bumpies you seem to hate so much for their "cruelness" when you sit here and call us stupid. Stupid is assuming a bunch of strangers are going to blow rainbows up your ass. You are confusing honesty and exhaustion of AE's, MUD and "AM I PREGGERS?" posts with stupidity.

If a person wants to join and create a thread looking for the answer they want, then get upset when they get told the honest truth of the unlikelihood or the misinformation they may have previously thought true, correcting them is not being bitter or being "stupid". Sure, there may be some jokes made, but that's life. You are throwing thousands of different personalities into one board, and TBH a lot of women who stick with TB seem to have very sarcastic ornery personalities. It's the culture.

I don't go to Spain and bitch about how much Spanish everyone is speaking. Don't come here and bitch about the culture that you most definitely can't change.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • rjeller32 said:
    @hmm81 no one admitted to needing fixing. Only your desperation to fix us. We are not broken. We are honest, sometimes snarky women.

Quite hypocritical to condemn all of these bumpies you seem to hate so much for their "cruelness" when you sit here and call us stupid. Stupid is assuming a bunch of strangers are going to blow rainbows up your ass. You are confusing honesty and exhaustion of AE's, MUD and "AM I PREGGERS?" posts with stupidity.

If a person wants to join and create a thread looking for the answer they want, then get upset when they get told the honest truth of the unlikelihood or the misinformation they may have previously thought true, correcting them is not being bitter or being "stupid". Sure, there may be some jokes made, but that's life. You are throwing thousands of different personalities into one board, and TBH a lot of women who stick with TB seem to have very sarcastic ornery personalities. It's the culture.

I don't go to Spain and bitch about how much Spanish everyone is speaking. Don't come here and bitch about the culture that you most definitely can't change.
    You ladies are hopeless

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A BITCH JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE MAKES A POST YOU DON"T LIKE?

It's our culture it's our culture, there is a small group of you that continuously spew crap. That is your culture specifically not the culture of the forum. There are so many positive posts and only a handful of you that continuously seem to post something rude as a first response. I don't hate the forums, nor do I hate you. I hate cowardice which is exactly what it is when the first thing you say to someone is of a negative connotation, knowing damn well you will never have to look them in the eye.

If you don't like people posting their tests, or asking if they're pregnant, don't look. They aren't wasting your time. You are wasting your own time by replying. Just ignore it and move on. Is that so damn difficult?

There is so much High-school drama from your little group, I feel like I'm an extra in some made for teens movie. 

"OMG Becky she's a biatch because she asked an innocent question, we like totally hate her now"

Grow up, And I don't call people stupid, or dummies unless they really fit the bill. 

Cheers!

PS

And saying, "They've all failed to fix us because we don't want to be fixed" is exactly saying you need fixing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"