Military Families
Options

PCS nightmare (vent)

My DH has orders to leave his current command 2 weeks after I am due to have a repeat C-section. I cannot move before my six week check up afterwards so my older girls and I would have been left behind.

The girls and I will be moving with family in TX for the remainder of my pregnancy and birth. He will GEObach in Hawaii for a couple of months. We purchased him a ticket already to fly out for the birth and stay almost a month with us. His command has been wonderful and completely understanding. The issue is that his orders were a month late arriving to us. We were told no later than the first week of July and that did not happen. The only reason we got them when we did was his chain of command pulled some strings for us. In preparation for our move, we gave notice with housing here in Hawaii that we would be leaving no later than Sep 3rd which is my cut-off date to fly according to my Dr. I have pulled both my children out of school here and I have already packed the baby's stuff in a suitcase and my youngest daughter. I am ready to GO. I am so stressed out preparing for a move back stateside. How long did you have to wait for plane tickets if you were in a similar situation? As it stands, we are "leaving" the island in two weeks (according to our requested dates of travel). We have to plan and execute a pack-out within the next two weeks. UGH! I am such a  planner and am very meticulous with details. This is completely out of my control and it's driving me crazy. Sorry, I needed to vent!! 

My question is this. We turned all our paperwork in last Thursday for travel of dependents to leave early. How long do they take? It asked when we would like to travel and I put Aug. 13th so I would have time to get our girls in school in Tx. Should I prepare as if we are leaving in two weeks? It's seriously a nightmare to me. Just getting it out I feel better. Things will all work out in the end I know. 

To top it off I have a fetal echocardiogram scheduled for this Friday and it's stressing me out worrying about that. I cannot wait for November to just be here!!!!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: PCS nightmare (vent)

• Options
    Can you call the office that books the tickets to see if they have booked them.  I can only give advice from my situation and it was quick and easy with us.  We told them when we wanted to go and they booked them and we had an email a few hours later with the info.  I'm not sure if you are Army/AF but AF wise you could go to the TMO office and see who books the travel.  Sato normally does it but it depends on the base also.  GL with everything!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks!!! My husband is Navy. He is calling tomorrow to see what the status is. If they are dragging their feet then his commander said he would call and make it happen. Sigh of relief!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of it!  So you are PCSing before baby right?  So stressful eitherway.  I'll be thinking of ya!
  • Options
    Today we made HUGE progress getting things settled. We do not know our time or airline yet but we have had verbal confirmation that we are flying on the 13th. That was the catalyst for getting everything else done and taken care of. We have our pack out scheduled for next Tuesday thru Thursday. I have an appt to get the health certificate for our dogs and tying up any other loose ends. Thank you for the positive thoughts!!! I can finally take a deep breath tonight. 

• Options
    Great news!!  Where are you guys headed now?
  • Options
    My daughters and I are going to TX to be with family and have the baby (hubbie is flying out to meet us and stay a month too). We will spend Christmas there and leave the day after. His next duty station is in Bangor, WA for sea duty. We've lived there before so at least there isn't the fear of the unknown moving up there with a newborn :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"