Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

labeling for school/daycare?

I feel like I've seen people posting about these in the past, but don't know when or where...and I didn't care then since we weren't in daycare. Now we are starting school next month and wondering:
What is your best advice about labeling stuff (cups, food, clothes/etc) for school/daycare? Isn't there some kind of labels or something to buy to put on things (what do you use and where do I get them)? or should I just use some tape or something? And what all should I put her name on so we don't lose/mix up?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: labeling for school/daycare?

• I use these bands for DS's sippy cups. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/70128746/personalized-bottle-and-sippy-cup-bands?ref=col_view

For other things like food containers, the blue painter's tape works great. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

• I use a sharpie.  It does wash off a bit so I have to re-mark plastic (bottles/sippies) once a week or so.  Her initials go onto the tags of all extra cloths/coats.  I did buy iron-on labels that I found on amazon for things like her blanket/sheets.  We're told to label everything at my daycare, so lunch box, sippies, clothes, food containers, puffs, diapers, wipes, creams, coats, shoes (when she was tiny and they'd come off), sunscreen.  I don't label what she wears everyday, just the extra outfits that live there. 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Loading the player...
  • I use a sharpie because you need to put the date and name and it does come off with some washing or rubbing alcohol if its stubborn. Dd does only go two days a week currently but she will be starting full time and I do like the idea of those bands.
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • eyenigheyenigh member
    edited August 2013
    I get everything from Inchbug. I got the bands when he was young for all his bottles and now I put them on his sippy cups. They also sell nice daily labels (for the name and date) that work really well and don't leave a residue when you take them off. I bought some when my son was three months old and I'm finally on my last sheet of the pack 14 months later and he goes every day. I find them way easier than screwing around with masking tape or having to scrub marker or glue off of stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like the laminated tags from labeldaddy.com they wash wonderfully in the clothes washer and dish washer.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Her extra clothes, blankets and sheet have her initials in sharpie on the tags.  For her sippys, I just wrote her name on them with sharpie, but that may have worn off in their dishwasher by now.  I wonder if they re-label them for her?  I just sent 2 sippys with her name written in sharpie down the side when she started and I haven't seen them since.  For her lunch every day, I put a piece of masking tape on top of the container and write her name in sharpie.  I always liked those band things, but when she was actually starting daycare, I just couldn't be bothered.
  • We use sharpie on a lot of clothes labels. I think the best sippy cup labels are the ones at www.inchbug.com because you can switch different cups. We mainly use www.namebubbles.com for everything else. Those labels stick and do not come off! (backpacks, balls, lunch box, shoes, cups, or clothes.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • I get labels from Oliver's Labels or Name Bubbles for everything.  That way I don't have to worry about washing either clothes or dishes.  We use the Mini-Labels from Oliver's Labels for all dishes/spoons/forks/cups and bottles.  Because they're small they fit on everything - including spoon handles. We've been using them since April '12 and none have fallen off yet, even though the objects get washed nightly.

For fabric items (like blankets, jackets, shorts/shirts, reuseable snack bags) I use the Name Bubbles.  Most of these items are tagless, and I don't really want to write on them with sharpies so that they can be reused with future children (either mine or through donation).
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I get these ones:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0098QHVMC/ref=aw_2nd_sims_6?pi=SY115

They have 2 sizes in the pack which is nice.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"