June 2013 Moms
Options

Exercise after c section

I just got cleared to start exercise after my c-section and I've just started some strength training and longer walks which have been going good, then last night I tried some light ab work and it hurts so much!! For those of you who had c-sections, how long did it take to get your ab strength back?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Exercise after c section

• Options
    I would also love to hear responses to this. I am 4.5 weeks PP and still pretty sore. I also had 16 weeks of SBR so I feel like I have absolutely no strength anywhere!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am 11 weeks PP and I tried core work for the first time on Sunday after a spin class....and I could barely do any of the ab exercises because of the pain. I have absolutely no strength in my lower ab muscles anymore. I stopped halfway through the class because I just couldn't. My friend also had a c/s and she said it took well over 6 mos before she could do any real ab work. I can't wait.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The trainer that I use at my gym said not to bother with abs for 6 months to a year. Cardio will do some of the work, but you're still healing from surgery. It sucks

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

• Options
    Good to know, I won't push it then. I was just doing really basic ab moves I saw on YouTube for after c-sections, but man they hurt! Today it still hurts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    After my first c/s it took about 4-5 months to do ab workouts again.  This time around I was cleared to exercise at 4wks pp, but right now I'm just walking.  I'll probably do light ab workouts starting at 3 months and then work my way up to regular workouts by 4 months.  It takes time!  Anytime you feel tugging, just stop.  That is what I feel before the soreness so it's my body's way of telling me not to push it.  Do a little more each time and it will get better.
  • Options
    I am 7 weeks pp and this week I started doing Jillian Michaels workouts. I can't do the ab workout portions like I used to but I have just been doing the best I can! It feels good to sweat and I figure it's better than nothing!
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this. I was wondering the same thing. I'm 3 weeks out & only cleared for light walking so far. Chomping at the bit to be cleared for biking & real workouts.
  • Options
    I will not be doing straight ab work right off. I am pretty sure my abs are split and doctors say crunches and such only make it worse. Soo I got told to do cardio!!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"