VBAC

Expecting Moms Check-In, Week of July 30

1) How far along are you?
2) Any appointments this week?
3) How are you feeling?
4) What are you doing to try to ensure a successful VBAC?
Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Expecting Moms Check-In, Week of July 30

• 1) How far along are you? 33 weeks
    2) Any appointments this week? Nothing with my OB, just three chiropractor appointments
    3) How are you feeling? Not good.  I'm having intermittent nausea, periods of being very uncomfortable, lots of insomnia.  All normal "late pregnancy" stuff!
    4) What are you doing to try to ensure a successful VBAC? We hired a doula.  I changed OBs early on to someone who I thought would advocate more for my VBAC.  I've been going to the chiropractor regularly and now that baby is hanging out breech, I'm going much more frequently to try to get him/her to turn.  I'm also doing spinning babies exercises.  I'm educating myself as much as possible so that I know what to expect and can handle things better during the process.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • 1) How far along are you? 37 weeks!

2) Any appointments this week? Weekly appointment on Friday.

3) How are you feeling? Pretty good! Chiropractor has helped my back pain tremendously! Hands are a bit swollen lately though.

4) What are you doing to try to ensure a successful VBAC? I've been proactive discussing my research with my doctor, she is family practice with an ob fellowship and can do csections. She knows what she is doing but doesn't deliver as much as a regular OB would. She even began talking to some midwives and is now willing to let me go to 41 weeks instead of no later than my due date! Also started to see a chiropractor, for pain management as well as trying to get the best positioning possible.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • meggie0109meggie0109 member
    edited August 2013
    1) How far along are you? Will be 29 weeks tomorrow! 2) Any appointments this week? Saw my midwife on Tuesday & she felt baby and said his head is down! Hoping he stays that way!! 3) How are you feeling? Good. I haven't exercised much in th last few weeks (post vacation), so I went out for a walk tonight & really struggled. Made me realize that I really need to stick with regular exercise!! 4) What are you doing to try to ensure a successful VBAC? Switched from my OB to a very supportive midwife with a high VBAC success rate. Trying to exercise and eat well. Reading positive natural birth and VBAC stories. Trying to keep my head in a good place, but also stay realistic.
    Emmerson 3/23/10 Asher 2/7/12 Baby boy due 10/17/13
  • Sorry for the formatting of my response....tried to fix the spacing but it didn't seem to work!
    Emmerson 3/23/10 Asher 2/7/12 Baby boy due 10/17/13
  • CourtJackCourtJack member
    edited August 2013
    1) How far along are you? 39w4d

2) Any appointments this week? Saw my midwife today. Same ol news-head down but not engaged. HB good.
    3) How are you feeling? Up until today I was feeling great. Patient but excited. Today I hit a wall. Lost hope that this kiddo is coming before my due date. It's a-ok if that's the case, but just a bit blah about it today.

4) What are you doing to try to ensure a successful VBAC? I have a midwife and a doula. I took a natural birthing class and am reading as much info as I can. I had an OB last time and delivered at the hospital with the highest section rate in the city. I switched hospitals this time. Ive also got DH much more involved in preparing for the birth. He knows my hopes, expectations and the work it will take to achieve what we want. I feel I've done absolutely everything I can to prepare. It's up to my body and this baby now!

BTW - I've just recently started posting on these boards. So, hi!
  • 1) How far along are you? 19 weeks
    2) Any appointments this week? nope
    3) How are you feeling? good days mostly, but allergies killing me others
    4) What are you doing to try to ensure a successful VBAC? trying to be more active and educating myself
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • CourtJack said:

1) How far along are you? 39w4d

2) Any appointments this week? Saw my midwife today. Same ol news-head down but not engaged. HB good.
    3) How are you feeling? Up until today I was feeling great. Patient but excited. Today I hit a wall. Lost hope that this kiddo is coming before my due date. It's a-ok if that's the case, but just a bit blah about it today.

4) What are you doing to try to ensure a successful VBAC? I have a midwife and a doula. I took a natural birthing class and am reading as much info as I can. I had an OB last time and delivered at the hospital with the highest section rate in the city. I switched hospitals this time. Ive also got DH much more involved in preparing for the birth. He knows my hopes, expectations and the work it will take to achieve what we want. I feel I've done absolutely everything I can to prepare. It's up to my body and this baby now!

BTW - I've just recently started posting on these boards. So, hi!

Hi! I'm an August mom too! I only post semi regularly there but more so here! Good luck to you! You are getting close!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1) 15 Weeks

2) Nope, not till next week.

3) Nesting is kicking in a bit early with this baby

4) Be more decisive and more active.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    December Siggy Challenge:

A Charlie Brown Christmas
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board