July 2012 Moms
Options

LO bringing you things (or not)

Does your LO bring you things? DS hasn't done this yet, so I'm not sure if they should be doing it yet or not.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: LO bringing you things (or not)

• Options
    She doesn't specifically bring me things but she will hand me whatever she's holding. For example, we'll be sitting on the couch and she'll pick up her sippy cup, take a drink, then hand the cup to me for a drink. It's cute but she always changes her mind and snatches everything back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options
    She hands me her shoes and her socks all the time and then proceeds to stick her foot out as if to say, "Ok mom, put them on me." This only started in the last week.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rylan does. Only to hear us say 'Thank you'... over... and over again!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, specifically if I ask. This is especially useful when they find stuff on the floor they're not supposed to have. Recently though they have been fooling us into thinking they will hand something over but pull it back when you go to grab it. Little stinkers!
  • Options
    elizdgelizdg member
    Graham does, but just random things. He won't usually do it if I ask.
  • Options
    lh80lh80 member
    dbliesmer said:
    If I ask her to go get  her baby or unique items she will run and get them.  Otherwise whatever she's holding if I say bring it to me or bring it to Daddy then she will.

Hayden is the same. Though quite often she wants the thing right back and will have a hissy fit if she doesn't get it!

• Options

Veronica would pick up little things from the floor and hand them to me if I ask. But she would not bring me a toy or a cup when I ask. We should work on it, I guess.

• Options
    KarmBKarmB member
    Yea. She will bring me her play food. If she finds something on the ground she shouldn't ill say "ew yucky. Let me see" most of the time she'll give it to me.

• Options
    Chloe will hand me things if I ask for them or if she is playing and wants me to play with her.  I try to ask her to get me certain things to see if she understands and 95% of the time she does!  So amazing how darn smart these kids are!
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    She does when she feel like cooperating.

Sometimes she will throw things at me... but that is a whole other subject.

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    KarmB said:
    Yea. She will bring me her play food. If she finds something on the ground she shouldn't ill say "ew yucky. Let me see" most of the time she'll give it to me.

This pretty much exactly. Most often she brings me books to read to her and gets pissed if I don't open it up right away. Our phrase is "Can I see it?" and whatever she's holding she will give to you. With food she snatches it back before I can eat it, which is fine because it's usually half eaten and covered in drool anyway.
  • Options
    He will hold things out toward me but I'm sure if he's really handing them to me or showing me. Maybe this will be more definite after he starts walking, since he can't really crawl with something in his hand so well. He won't hold things out to me on demand but he will pick them up for himself.
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Options
    Tucker brings me every damn thing he can find, makes a huge mess of my house. :)
    imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes.  He shares his food and brings me his toys, a piece of dog food, a condom(this happened) just whatever he can find.

I will ask him for things like the clicker and he is no help though.
  • Options
    Yes. She brings me everything. Especially now that she can get things off the tops of the end tables, from bookshelves, the pantry, inside the recycling bin... Why just yesterday, as we were walking through the house she handed me the beer bottle she went to great lengths to get out of the bin (its as tall as she Is and very deep), and a pair of scissors off of the dining room table. Sheesh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"