April 2013 Moms

Weekly Achievements!

Connor slept for three hours straight last night. A great improvement from the 1.5 hours a night now. He went from his back to a 90% roll... his arm was stopping him. He laughs consistently now at the crazy things I do.

My achievement this week is surviving his constant whining, not sleeping, and general teething symptoms. (Not much of an achievement but meh)

What about you all?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekly Achievements!

• Achievements for DD playing peek-a-boo with giggles! Idk if that is considered an achievement but I love it! She thinks it's hilarious! She is only waking up one time at night for a feeding so mommy is getting a nice sleep!
    My achievement i that I have been sticking to my diet! Not a huge deal but pretty big for me! Hoping to see results soon!
  • Oh I'm excited about this thread today!  After a tough two weeks, I feel like we hit a whole slew of 4 month milestones all at once:

1) rolling over.  He isn't donig a full 360 yet, but has done both back to front and front to back many many times.  I think that this was sped up by his intense diaper rash, which made him not want to lie on his bottom.

2) Sitting in a high chair and trying rice cereal!  Went over like a ton of bricks but it was fun. :-)

3) Intentionally grabbing for toys that are lying on the ground and putting them in his mouth -- he's starting to understand how to do that with purpose.

4) Teeth!  He has a whitecap on his lower gum. I  can both see and feel it.

5) Last night he went back to only one wakeup after the absolute worst night of sleep EVER a couple of days ago (worse than when he was a newborn).

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • JSS1002 said:

5) Last night he went back to only one wakeup after the absolute worst night of sleep EVER a couple of days ago (worse than when he was a newborn).

This is were I am at now, completely new to this waking up so much. When he was a newborn he woke up every three hours when I had to wake him, once he gained birth weight he slept for 4 hours at a time during naps and only waking up once a night.

• Elliott is sleeping 5-7 hr stretches at night! He also laughed out loud yesterday when I tickled his neck! First time! And yes I cried a little!
  • Rhys found his hands yesterday and has been staring at them ever since. Last night, DH was amazed..."he's rubbing his hands together! I've never seen him do that before!" Unfortunately,my life is stagnant. I am dying to get out of my teaching career but feel too scared and inadequate to actually do anything about it, so I just sit around feeling depressed about going back to school,
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Rhys found his hands yesterday and has been staring at them ever since. Last night, DH was amazed..."he's rubbing his hands together! I've never seen him do that before!" Unfortunately,my life is stagnant. I am dying to get out of my teaching career but feel too scared and inadequate to actually do anything about it, so I just sit around feeling depressed about going back to school,

What about going back to school in a different sense? Like trying to get a new career, you are never too old to do so. I saw 80 year old people (both male and female, I think they were a couple) take high level physics in my class. While they needed help with the computer work (fucking blackboard man) I went to them for some study advice cause they were smart as hell.

What do you really want to do in life in terms of a career?

What about going back to school in a different sense? Like trying to get a new career, you are never too old to do so. I saw 80 year old people (both male and female, I think they were a couple) take high level physics in my class. While they needed help with the computer work (fucking blackboard man) I went to them for some study advice cause they were smart as hell.

This might just be my crazy baby fever, but lately all I can think about is delivering babies and I am dying to be an OB nurse. The issue is that I already have like$40k in student loan debt so DH isn't exactly chomping at the bit for me to jump back into something else. And I totally get it . I know I don't want to teach forever, but I feel trapped. And thoughts of leaving DS make it that much harder, although I am so grateful for all the time we've had.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016

This might just be my crazy baby fever, but lately all I can think about is delivering babies and I am dying to be an OB nurse. The issue is that I already have like$40k in student loan debt so DH isn't exactly chomping at the bit for me to jump back into something else. And I totally get it . I know I don't want to teach forever, but I feel trapped. And thoughts of leaving DS make it that much harder, although I am so grateful for all the time we've had.
    I see, did you have a good GPA coming out of college? You might be able to qualify for scholarships, especially for nursing since this country has many nursing programs. Once you get a BS/BA for nursing and pass, I think you can just apply for whatever sub field you want. While in college for it, internships help a lot.

I do know the nursing programs themselves are strict as hell. I think 95% of the women in my Chemistry class were going for nursing and they had to have a B in the very least to be accepted into it.

I get it though, it will just be hard with one paycheck, maybe online stuff?

• LO: doing great and being a good sport during our nanny search. Think we finally found the one we're going to hire!

Me: finally got LO to laugh out loud at me!!! We were talking about farts... sheesh, BOYS! I should have known!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • DD has started sitting in her jumper and adores the 1812 Overture.  She smiles every time she hears it.  We also had tummy time without crying today for the very first time!  I joined a gym, and took a pilates class.  I also survived the pilates class.  Go me.
    Married July 3, 2009 | Furbaby Trevor July 15, 2009 | Furbaby Darcy May 15, 2010 | BFP August 14, 2012 | DD April 18, 2013
  • We started the transition to DD sleeping in her crib this week and she is doing great! After co-sleeping with her for 3 months though, it's me who is having a hard time adjusting. ;)
  • We started the transition to DD sleeping in her crib this week and she is doing great! After co-sleeping with her for 3 months though, it's me who is having a hard time adjusting. ;)
    I cannot wait to get back and Connor having his own room. I do love co-sleeping with him though, but I am ready to have my own space.

I cannot wait to get back and Connor having his own room. I do love co-sleeping with him though, but I am ready to have my own space.

Yes I agree, I also love co-sleeping. I'm sad about the change, but she is starting to move a lot more and I worry about her one day falling off the bed so I figured I might as well get it over with now. She's growing up too fast!
  • Will rolled to his tummy twice today!!! So exciting :)
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"