VBAC

Thanks!

Hello! I have never posted here before but I lurked while I was pregnant. I had had a csection with my daughter and my OB had left it up to me as to how I wanted to deliver my son. I wanted to avoid another csection but was terrified of a vbac. After reading all the success stories and advice on this board and with the support of my husband and OB I decided to go for the vbac.

I was admitted to the hospital on Mother's Day (which was my due date) because my blood pressure was high and wouldn't come down during my NST. The house OB consulted with my OB and they decided to induce me the next day. When they checked me around 7 that evening I was 6cm so they decided to get the ball rolling then since my BP was still high even after a day in bed. There was a little scare with the baby's heart rate but my wonderful nurse was able to calm me down and fought with the on call doctor who wanted to do a csection. 14 minutes after midnight my son was born! The recovery was 1000x better with the vbac and I felt back to "normal" so much sooner.

So anyway that was a really long story when what I really wanted to say was thank you to everyone who had posted when I was lurking. Your stories gave me the courage to attempt a vbac and I couldn't be happier with that decision! So thank you!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thanks!

• Great story!  Glad you had an awesome nurse! And glad you are feeling 1000x better than last time!
  • Jing22Jing22 member
    Congrats!!  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for coming back and sharing.  And congrats!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations! :D
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm curious, how did they "get the ball rolling".  I had high BP with my son, which led to induction, which led to a c-section.  If I get pregnant again I would like to VBAC but I'm concerned I will have high BP again which will end up leading to the same cascade of interventions.  
  • mysticl said:
    I'm curious, how did they "get the ball rolling".  I had high BP with my son, which led to induction, which led to a c-section.  If I get pregnant again I would like to VBAC but I'm concerned I will have high BP again which will end up leading to the same cascade of interventions.  
    Well I had apparently been having pretty regular contractions though I couldn't feel them and I had dilated to 6 cm so they decided to break my water.  They also gave me a small amount of pitocin.  I continued to dilate and almost missed my chance at an epidural because of some mix up with the computer system and the anesthesiologist.  Thankfully I was able to get the epi which I think helped me be able to have the vbac because I could relax some without the pain of the contractions.  With my first, my water broke at home and I stalled at 4 cm even with the pitocin.  Once the baby started having heart rate problems and my BP was getting higher, they decided to do the csection since I had been in labor for a while.  I didn't have an epidural so I don't know if that would have made a difference in whether I had the csection or not.  Good luck to you in your vbac attempt.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"