October 2013 Moms
Options

Vacuuming??

My mama just called and asked what I was doing. I told her I had just finished vacuuming. She proceeded to flip out on me because I shouldn't be doing something so strenuous. What the hay?? Have any heard that you aren't supposed to vacuum? Sounds like an old wives tale to me.

Re: Vacuuming??

• Options
    i vacuum everyday and i'm fine.

• Options
    acethebaseacethebase member
    edited July 2013
    Yeah I think she's totally overreacting lol ...if you could do it before you were pregnant your safe with doing it now...... People lately, it's nice that they are concerned but I mean really.....My DH doesn't want me lifting anything heavy and multiple people have been making the same comments to me..... Hello Im a CNA so you would think they would know I lift heavier people than that at work :/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's ridiculous. OWT. Do what I did...I told my mom to keep her unsolicited opinions and advice to herself. She has. =D>

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    MosyMama said:

When her daughter was fussy, it turned out that the sound of the vacuum soothed her.

Yeah they say after you have the baby not to tip toe around either, vacuum and make loud noises so the baby will get used to it
  • Options
    I vacuum daily, carry my 40lb 3 yr old, unload all the groceries by myself, do laundry, take care of the dogs...shit I moved furniture this weekend while we rearranged the living room. Know your limits and don't listen to old people. LOL

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    HFrizzle said:

I vacuum daily, carry my 40lb 3 yr old, unload all the groceries by myself, do laundry, take care of the dogs...shit I moved furniture this weekend while we rearranged the living room. Know your limits and don't listen to old people. LOL

This is SO me! Except my daughter is 32 lbs and I only have one dog to take care of. I also take babysit 2 to 5 additional kiddos Monday thru Friday. I stay on my toes and have to vacuum a lot!

I think it's funny my mother worries about vacuuming but isn't concerned about packing a preschooler around all the time. Gotta love her!
  • Options

ohkay said:
    This is SO me! Except my daughter is 32 lbs and I only have one dog to take care of. I also take babysit 2 to 5 additional kiddos Monday thru Friday. I stay on my toes and have to vacuum a lot! I think it's funny my mother worries about vacuuming but isn't concerned about packing a preschooler around all the time. Gotta love her!
    Right?? Cause pushing around my Dyson is going to make me go into labor. Oy Vey!!

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've heard that one a million times. Definitely an OWT!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Holy cow you ladies are motivated with your daily vacuuming! That is not happening at my house...
  • Options
    Is she willing to come vacuum for you? In that case I would listen ;)

photo 45ad94ec-8f7e-4e11-afa6-d58d009e0ecb_zpse556e368.jpg  image image

• Options
    Yeah, I love how people make comments to me about how i should not be lifting because I am pregnant, but then they never offer to help! :-?
    image  Lilypie - (E5mQ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"