Parenting
Options

It gets worse at 3...

Remember when we were talking about epic toddler tantrums and how 3 is worse than 2 and 4 is worse than 3 and some of us were choosing to be blissfully optimistic that it wouldn't happen to our perfect children?  Well, just this week DD started losing her damn mind.  She has found this inhuman scream that is so full of rage that she scared the dog one day.  That particular one was over wanting water in her new water bottle.  She wasn't thirsty as she was drinking milk at the time.  It ended with her laying on the floor sobbing and telling me to go sit on the couch.  She has also demonstrated this new unholy cry in public recently much to my dismay.  I was horrified when we had to step out of ballet class for a time out and she bumped her elbow, raged at me while clawing at her arm.  When she recovered we went back into dance class following a blood curdling scream from the next room and sporting a bright red, recently clawed arm.  I just wanted to say, "I swear, I didn't do that!" but I thought that would just make everything even more uncomfortable.  Anyone else want to share?  Pretty please?
I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

Re: It gets worse at 3...

• Options
    msdrdgmsdrdg member
    I swear DS turned into the Devil the moment he turned 3.  I didn't know kids that young knew about/could be so spiteful.  The back talk OMG!  And add to all that he decided that he no longer wants to be potty trained so he has been having 2-3 "accidents" a day, thankfully pee only.

He's making me crazy!
    The Book of Love Has Music in it

• Options
    jbatchjbatch member
    I run a daycare and I think often three is worse than two.. But I think four is easier than three..

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, I still refuse it'll happen to my little baby!

::sticks fingers in ears lalalala::

And also, you all have all my sorries.
  • Options
    Its gotten a little better at 3.5. I contemplated selling my son everyday from 2y9m-3y4m.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It happened over night in our house. He went to bed a relatively sweet 2yo and woke up a 3yo monster.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    Turned into the devil is one way to put it.  The scream reminds me of the exorcism scenes from The Exorcism of Emily Rose.  It's amazing she can hit that register.  The best one was the flailing on the floor tantrum she threw at the mall when I tried to get her back into the stroller to get on the elevator.  She was screaming and kicking me in the neck with her new Stride Rites.  She moved up to the kid sizes with the real soles.  Those things hurt.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Options
    After my 2 yo literally made me cry last weekend, I just refuse to believe this.  I can't survive worse.  *la la la la laaaa*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Yeah, I totally regret teaching her how to jump at all.

• Options
    andrea99 said:
    I want 3 back. I can handle nonsense tantrums. But I'm done with the teenage attitude that apparently shows up the day they turn 7.
    I thought 7 was supposed to be the "age of reason"?  No?

• Options
    EllaHella said:
    I just need mbenny to come in and do a discipline training camp for a weekend.  That kid loves to jump on the couch.

Get a mini trampoline. Best way to break this habit ever. We have a mini trampoline and a climber/slide in our playroom and my kids never got into the bad habits of climbing the tables/jumping on the couch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My dd will be 3 in a week and the last month she has been awful! She will intentionally do shit she knows will get her in trouble! I have to give myself time outs. I refuse to believe that my cherub baby boy will ever be like this.
  • Options
    She just pooped.  I have to go convince her now that it's a good idea to go change her diaper.  Last time she barricaded herself into a corner and just kept pushing on my legs.  She's getting to big to just pick her up and change her.  For a frame of reference, I'm 5'3".  DD is 38" tall and 34 lbs. Wish me luck.   :-S

• Options
    Oh MAN! My DS just started doing the bloodcurdling scream too. It is the worst. The first couple of times he did it I thought that maybe he was sick or something, but no; it is just his new thing for  whenever something doesn't go his way.
  • Options
    I heard another mom call her 3yo a three-nager. I stole that phrase bc I think it fits so well!.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Options
    My coworker was telling my about the fits her newly 2 yo pitches. I laughed. I said "DD has done all that. Just wait. It gets worse."

I've heard 4 gets easier. I'm really hoping those people weren't lying liars who lie. Especially since DS will be in his terrible 2's when DD is 4.
    DD {6.13.10} & DS {5.19.12}
  • Options
    :: it won't happen to me:: :: it won't happen to me::

The Mob Boss 
    Birth: 10lbs 11oz, 21.5 inches <> 1 mo: 14lbs 7oz, 23.5 inches
    2mo: 18lbs 15oz, 25.5 inches <> 4mo: 26lbs 8oz, 27.5 inches6mo: 29lbs 8oz, 30 inches <> 9mo: 32lbs, 32 inches12 mo: 37lbs, 34.5 inches <> 15 mo: 38lbs 6 oz, 36 inches. 20.5 inch noggin18 mo: 43lbs, 37.75 inches 21 inch head2yr: 47 lbs, 42 inches. 21.5 inch head. Woah.  

imageimage
  • Options
    I hate you bitches. I was looking forward to 3 goddammit. X(
  • Options
    3 sucks. Closer to 4 is worse. The threats. The backtalk. Pretending they don't know what you're talking about. My son tells me he can't hear me because he's deaf. If I repeat myself he gets annoyed and says "I heard you the first time!"
    I'm going to end up smacking him.
  • Options
    fredalina said:

My coworker was telling my about the fits her newly 2 yo pitches. I laughed. I said "DD has done all that. Just wait. It gets worse."

I've heard 4 gets easier. I'm really hoping those people weren't lying liars who lie. Especially since DS will be in his terrible 2's when DD is 4.
    So far four has been worse. Significantly. At 3 years and a few months it was awful, better closer to 4, worse after 4. Much, much worse. At four the threats started.
    Oh geez.
    Come on people with older kids, throw us a bone here!
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Options
    Thing is, DD is only 2 1/2.  What happens in January?  :-S

• Options
    I'm scared. Really, really scared.
    My daughter is my hero.
  • Options
    Lurker with a question. Sooo do you think three is still going to be horrible if my 21 month old has been acting two since ten months? Sometimes pretend that since it started early it will end early. Right? RIGHT?! You can smell the desperation, can't you...
    DX: Severe MFI 
    IVF # 1 ~ Antagonist ~ ER 1/27/11~ ET 1/30/11 ~ + HPT 7dp3dt 
    DD born med-free on 10/24/11 
    Lilypie - (lZjk)
    IVF # 2 ~Antagonist ~ ER 6/5/13 ~ ET 6/10/13 ~ + HPT 4dp5dt 
    Lilypie - (OUlo)

• Options
    EllaHella said:

CallMeAl said:

Lurker with a question. Sooo do you think three is still going to be horrible if my 21 month old has been acting two since ten months? Sometimes pretend that since it started early it will end early. Right? RIGHT?! You can smell the desperation, can't you...

I would love to tell you no. But I can't.

We can sit in the corner and cry together.

Will there be wine in the corner? Or perhaps tequila?

DX: Severe MFI 
    IVF # 1 ~ Antagonist ~ ER 1/27/11~ ET 1/30/11 ~ + HPT 7dp3dt 
    DD born med-free on 10/24/11 
    Lilypie - (lZjk)
    IVF # 2 ~Antagonist ~ ER 6/5/13 ~ ET 6/10/13 ~ + HPT 4dp5dt 
    Lilypie - (OUlo)

• Options
    LaceFace14LaceFace14 member
    edited August 2013
    DS at 2 is the most challenging human I've ever encountered so I refuse to believe he can get worse.

DD1 has always been pretty easy but she was her worst at 3. 4 got better and 5 is pretty awesome outside the occasional teenagerish attitude.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Please, please no.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• Options
    This is not what I want to hear. My friends' 3 year olds seem better behaved, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors. Hold me!

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"