August 2012 Moms

I'm so pissed

DH just told me something very upsetting.  A little background, 3 1/2 years ago his dad died from cancer.  1 1/2 years ago his mom was diagnosed with colon cancer (she is now in remission).  So he is at work and we are chatting on gmail.  He tells me that he is so pissed and that he could probably get a co-worker fired.  I asked what happened.  He said his co-worker was going on a rant about a facebook posting where someone liked a cancer graphic.  And the co-worker says, "I love cancer.  It weeds out all the people I hate. It's Darwinism at its finest." 

What the actual fck?!  Who says that???  Who even THINKS that?!  DH e-mailed his supervisor, who then got his boss involved and will be taking care of it.  I am just so mad and sad. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: I'm so pissed

• What a freaking douchebag. Wow.
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • That makes me physically ill. What a complete ass. I've seen so many amazing, AMAZING people taken out of this world by cancer recently, that is a disgusting thing to say. I hope he feels *~edgy*~ and cool mocking the suffering of other. Ass. 

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That's awful!  I couldn't imagine having to hear this. 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Don't talk about cancer. That's one of those cardinal rules that even the most disgusting bottom feeders follows. I have seen so many people lose their fight and it is just horrid. Poetic justice would be for him to lose a nice long fight of his own but I wouldn't wish that even on the likes of him.
    Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

• That's...a horrific thing to say. Or even think about thinking.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That douche doesn't understand what Darwinism is.
  • God, I hope he doesn't actually think that way and he was just saying it to get a reaction.....  Which from what I hear is the way he is.  But still that is going WAY too far. 

I agree Aggie.  I feel physically sick.  And I feel terrible for my DH having to listen to this guy and hear that ugly, hateful sentiment.

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Wow. Good for your DH. That's a disgusting comment.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is absolutely disgusting. How could he say that. He must be very fortunate in that no one he loves has suffered from that horrible disease.  I don't know anyone whose family has not been effected by it at some point.
  • I think that's a horrible, horrible thing to say and I've lost many people to cancer and my mom basically fights it like a chronic disease.

Buuuut...I don't see how this would be a disciplinary issue at work other than sensitivity training or something. It's not harassment or discrimination.

Still a douche move. I'd probably mention it to boss just so he knows the guy is a jerk.
  • Wow. What a total douchebag! Good for DH for taking a stand.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Absolutely disgusting! He deserves to be punished. I hope your DHs job has a zero tolerance hostile work environment rule. That would warrant a huge reprimand. I'd like to think the guy was being "stupid" for attn, but his response sounded really thought through. Who just says that...
    SMOOCHES FOR ALL!!!

• I'm SMH.  That's awful.

• That makes me so sad- especially since my grandmother, uncle, husband's uncle, and (possibly) my son all have been diagnosed with cancer in the past few months.
    What a douche canoe. 
  • yeah, guy has a lot to learn about life.

asshat.
    imageimage
  • That's absolutely ridiculous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"