October 2012 Moms

Did anyone have hyperemesis?

I am a sept12 mom but do follow this board since I was supposed to be an oct 12 mom. i was wondering if anyone else had hyperemesis? I was on an IV through a picc line for 3 months of my pregnancy and had more hospital visits than I can count. It was the hardest thing I ever went through in my life. I can't help but think about how horrific it was when thinking about TTC and was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat. My obgyn will start an IV right away next time but I can't imagine going through it again trying to work and take care of dd!

Oh and here's a new pic since I'm not here often!

Re: Did anyone have hyperemesis?

• RayT1RayT1 member
    @jcieply I follow a blog called Birth Without Fear and this was todays post...

thought I would share it with you.  

October 1st, 2012. 9lbs 2 oz

Jude - 8lbs 1 oz
    August 15th, 2014. 

• I haven't had it myself, but...Hate to say it, but you have a high risk of reoccurrence in your second pregnancy.  And a lot of women say it's worse the second time, although I don't know if that's been proven to be true or just anecdotal.  There is a reg on Parenting who is pregnant with her second who has had HG both times. You can post this over there and you may get some answers.  Good luck. 

• Loading the player...
  • My mom had it with me (I was the oldest) and was told that the odds of her having it again were really low since every pregnancy is different. When she got pregnant with my sister, she had it just as bad. She said she threw up every single day she was pregnant for both of us. Needless to say she got her tubes tied during my sister's C-section birth ;-)

I never got sick during either of my pregnancies (so far), so I guess it's not necessarily genetic. But if you had it the first time, I'd plan on going through it again the second time. Another friend of mine had it for both of her pregnancies as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • RayT1 said:
    @jcieply I follow a blog called Birth Without Fear and this was todays post...

thought I would share it with you.  
    I read that, too! 

jcieply.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @RayT1
    Thank you for the article. I love finding support. Helpher.org is what got me through my pregnancy! Amazing site.
  • Just read the article! Wow! I could have written it, my HG was very similar. So torn on whether or not to have another.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"