Dads & Dads-to-be

I'm buried under a mountain of baby stuff

Seriously, I am slightly overwhelmed by the sheer amount of stuff we received at our shower. This kid has 50 times the amount of clothes that I have. Our families are nuts.

Re: I'm buried under a mountain of baby stuff

• I can't remember, is this your first?
  • Yep, he's our first.

• Loading the player...
  • Enjoy the free shit. Awesome Ric Flair avatar.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Depending on how big your kid is and how fast he grows you will go through sizes quickly.  My son is almost 26 months old and is already in Child's small shirts.  Stretch pants he can wear down to roughly size 3T.  Then again, he can open the refrigerator door already.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Jesus!

I hope SOME of that stuff is bigger sized. We got waaaaay too much 0-3M, which my son was in until he was like 6 weeks old. There were a lot of things he wore once. Although, to be fair, between spit-ups and blowouts, he went through 2-4 outfits a day.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • LuckyDad said:

Jesus!

I hope SOME of that stuff is bigger sized. We got waaaaay too much 0-3M, which my son was in until he was like 6 weeks old. There were a lot of things he wore once. Although, to be fair, between spit-ups and blowouts, he went through 2-4 outfits a day.

This. Andplusalso, keep clothes and stuff on hand for 2-3 years depending on another conception.
  • same here, we're telling people that want to get us stuff to get clothes and things fro when she's older. Enjoy the stuff!
  • LuckyDad said:
    Jesus!

Yeah, we got a lot of 0-3 months clothes.  Along with a ton of burp cloths and bibs.  I tried tackling the mess last night but only succeeded in spreading it around the living room in piles of related items.  

• Enjoy the free shit. Awesome Ric Flair avatar.
    Stylin and Profilin!

• Stylin and Profilin!

Woo!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • For us,  we didn't get much clothing... we got blankets.  Shit tons of them.  I think we wound up with 18 blankets at the shower.

Keep the clothes, hope your kid is small, so they may spend more time in them, and if you decide to have another, hopefully they'll work for them... if not, baby clothes always go quick at garage sales!
  • Our first skipped newborn altogether and went straight into 0-3.  I think he was in 0-3 for 3 weeks, then moved on up.  He's 2 1/2 now and wears 4T shirts and 3T pants.
  • My son by the time he was 18 months old he was the same size as the family who was giving us hand me down clothes so we had to start buying our own.  He turned 2 in June, was roughly 37" tall and weighed roughly 40 pounds.  The bad thing is that he has short legs with a long torso just like I do so clothes don't fit no matter what the age.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It took almost three days but we finally got everything moved out of the living room and either stored in the basement (high chair, pack n play) or cleaned and organized in the nursery (the mountain of clothes and linens).  

I forgot to mention, one of our relatives (who frequents auctions and is known to give terrible auction gifts) gave us a whole bag of used baby stuff from an auction.  That in itself isn't a bad thing, but the items were not cleaned at all.  I was pulling out open packages of pacifiers, an open package of nursing pads, baby clothes with stains and covered in pet hair, and a stained crib bumper.  Everything smelled like cigarettes because she is a heavy smoker.  The bag is in my garage and will be donated within a couple days.

• polooo26 said:
    futant462 said:
    It took almost three days but we finally got everything moved out of the living room and either stored in the basement (high chair, pack n play) or cleaned and organized in the nursery (the mountain of clothes and linens).  

I forgot to mention, one of our relatives (who frequents auctions and is known to give terrible auction gifts) gave us a whole bag of used baby stuff from an auction.  That in itself isn't a bad thing, but the items were not cleaned at all.  I was pulling out open packages of pacifiers, an open package of nursing pads, baby clothes with stains and covered in pet hair, and a stained crib bumper.  Everything smelled like cigarettes because she is a heavy smoker.  The bag is in my garage and will be donated within a couple days.

If that was us I think it would have been gone already. Yuck.
    If I had my way it would've remained at the shower location.  Truly foul.

• @jack19  That is a good idea.  At least the clothes can be cleaned.  The rest of the stuff I'm almost embarrassed to donate.  

• futant462 said:
    It took almost three days but we finally got everything moved out of the living room and either stored in the basement (high chair, pack n play) or cleaned and organized in the nursery (the mountain of clothes and linens).  

I'd be cool with this except the cigarettes. You can sterilize a lot of stuff, but yeah, ugh, ciggy smell is gross, and carcinogens can linger.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"