Detroit Babies
Options

CNM Recommendations?

I'm currently pregnant and am looking to work with a CNM for a VBAC delivery. I'm considering Women's Excellence in Midwifery, Tracie Achrem and/or Chris Borowsky, delivering out of Crittenton. I'm also considering Joanne Mozuras, delivering out of Henry Ford Macomb. I know Beaumont has a midwifery program, but I would prefer not to deliver there. I've read really good things about Crittenton and I know Henry Ford Macomb's reputation isn't the greatest. What I don't know is if that is residual from St. Joseph days or if their problems are still continuing despite the name change?

Has anyone worked with these midwives and what was your experience like? If you've worked with WEIM, do you rotate midwives for prenatal visits or do you work primarily with one? Lastly, has anyone delivered VBAC with any of these ladies or do they not perform VBACs? Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Re: CNM Recommendations?

• Options

I love Joanne!!!  I had my first -so no VBAC experience. But, she is easily the kindest, most gentle healthcare provider I have ever had, and so easy to talk to, I never felt like any of my questions or concerns were "silly". I ended up going 10 days late before I went in for a little help - cervadil. It didn't take the first time so Joanne sent me home for the weekend to relax and I came back that Sunday night for round two. At that point I started progressing, but VERY slowly. She never once suggested a section was my best option and did everything she could to keep me on track for a vaginal birth. Fast forward to 31 hours later (90% of them with her at my side, she did almost every one of my exams too) and I delivered my 9lb 6oz bouncing baby boy. Even Joanne was stunned that with his size and how he took his sweet old time  that I was able to do it, but let  me tell you, I wouldn't have been able to without her!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know you said you prefer not to be at Beaumont, but are you open to Troy Beau? I saw the midwives group at Oakland Macomb OB-GYN and absolutely loved them and loved my experience at Troy. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"