Multiples

Nursing pillow at hospital?

I have the My Brest Friend twin pillow all ready, but my DH is trying to talk me out of taking it to the hospital with us because of its size. I'm scheduled for a c section on Monday, 8/5 if I don't go into labor before then.

Did you take yours to the hospital, or did you find it easy enough to position your twins with several pillows?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Nursing pillow at hospital?

• My hospital had a regular MBF with a sterile cover, but I just found it easier to use a bunch of pillows. We had a lot of bags and I didn't want additional items filling up our room and car.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• I brought mine and did use it, but I didn't really NEED it. Especially after a C section for me, I wasn't up to nursing in a chair very often, so when I was in bed I just used pillows for nursing. It was nice to have it when my LC was helping me with tandem nursing so I could feel like this was how it would be at home with the pillow, but other than that I could've gotten by without it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your replies. Sounds like I can leave it at home. :-)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Definitely take it. It was one of the ONLY things I brought to the hospital that I actually used extensively. I think I have used it for every single feeding since the moment I was allowed to sit up - I even used it for bottle feeding my boy twin in the first few weeks, just because it makes it so much easier to hold them.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• I brought mine and used it. I was glad I brought it so I could practice tandem nursing with help from the LCs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"