November 2013 Moms
Options

Mothers Know Best damned genetics!

My mom is a beautiful woman who had six pregnancies and four healthy babies. She is a lucky mom for sure...but since I was little I would "trace" her spider veins as her legs are COVERED in them. She told me that it wasn't until her third pregnancy that they developed and never went away. Well this is my third pregnancy that has past 20 weeks and I'm sprouting spider veins like crazy!!! Ugh?! My thighs, my calves, and my ankles! I will gladly give up my body for healthy children but I cannot believe how quickly I went from having ONE on my left ankle to having like 30 all over! I'm the least weight with this pregnancy, i gave up heels at like 8 weeks and I've been off my feet! Hmmmm...now who is going to fill in as Jennifer Aniston's nude leg double?!?!

Re: Mothers Know Best damned genetics!

• Options

It is vain, but this is one of my big concerns this pregnancy. I currently don't have any varicose veins, but a week or so ago I noticed a vein below my knee starting to pop out. My doctor told me it was probably the start of one, I guess your veins get stretched out each pregnancy.

I'm now wearing compression tights to hopefully prevent or minimize it. My doctor said it won't actually prevent them, but only helps the discomfort from them, but I figure it is worth a shot.

From what I've read, there is a chance that the veins will decrease or go away after we give birth...so there is hope.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'm sure it's expensive and I don't know how well it works but they have centers that treat spider veins. My mom has them as well and I never thought to ask if they occurred during any of her 4 pregnancies... I'm scared to ask now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the same problem. Veins, veins everywhere! Hopefully they'll go away, if not there's always laser vein removal:)
  • Options
    I've gotten the big thick python looking ones on my right leg only. Doc said the uterus leans slightly to the right causing this. I'm not happy about it but what the hell can you do? I'm 36 so I'm not too stressed about being perfect, I'm learning to appreciate having a body that works is the most important thing! Hang in there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"