Babies on the Brain
Options

baby wearing

hi all!! so baby wearing... i have helped friends with their kids before and hatttteeeee lugging that ginormous car seat around everywhere.. is it really difficult to leave the car seat in the car and wear baby everywhere?? which 'wearables' are the easiest,best and/or safest? ive heard that the ones that spread babys legs can cause their hips to align weird as they get older? truth? hows the heat with them? is there anytime you wish you had an alternate to wearing handy?? tons of questions i know :) thanks in advance!!

Re: baby wearing

• Options
    Try the attached parenting board. They might be more helpful than BOTB. There aren't a lot of posters here. If you lurk on AP, your answer might be in another post.
  • Options

Try the attached parenting board. They might be more helpful than BOTB. There aren't a lot of posters here. If you lurk on AP, your answer might be in another post.

I feel like such a dork right now, I always thought the AP board was for moms with separation anxiety or helicopter moms lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I really liked the moby wrap for when DD was a newborn. she loved to be smooshed up against my chest, and the Moby really took the strain off my back and shoulders.  It was a little tedious to put on, but not terrible. 

I HATE the bjorn. It gave me a migraine from the strain on my shoulders after DD weighed more than 10 lbs. Also, it caused DD's legs to dangle and cut into her thighs, so we ditched that really quickly.

Currently, we use the Beco Baby Gemini carrier. We really like it. Holds DD much more comfortably and can be worn on front (outward or inward facing), on the hip, or on the back. It puts most of the weight on my hips and supports both of us nicely. Goes on relatively easily as well.

I've also seen good reviews on the Boba and Ergo
    :)
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I love my beco Gemini. I also have a ring sling that works great too. I'd have more but DH would kill me :)

View Full Size Image

• Options
    I have a moby, a ring sling, and the ergo. I'm hoping to get a mei tai fir tge next baby. I was still wearing ds last Xmas and will wear him in the ring sling during our upcoming vacation. It's worked out great for us.
  • Options
    We use an ergo most of the time now because it's quick in and out. For the NB stage I love the moby. Woven wraps are the most versatile IMO but they have a learning curve.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"