Success after IF
Options

pcos, pumping, period...

i subscribe to those Parents mags which actually have some really good and useful info sometimes :) so i was reading the latest issue about period problems post-partum and when to call your doctor. so i haven't been concerned at all, but maybe i should call my OB - what do you ladies think? i'm 7 months PP, pumping between 3-4 times per day, and have (or at least had) anovulatory PCOS. I still have not had a PP period. DH and I are not trying to get pregnant - currently we're just using condoms since I can't stand being on BC again. We've agreed that we may consider having a third child in the future after our twins (i'm more gun ho than him! lol) but won't discuss until the twins are about 2 years old. however we agreed that we would not pursue treatment for fear of having another set of twins. We love our first set but would just want a singleton after, especially for financial purposes/ This has been really difficult for me to accept in the past few weeks because I feel like with my PCOS I'll never have a normal period/ovulation, so I'm trying to accept the fact that a third child may not be in our cards.

I guess this post just got into way more than I originally intended hahaha. I guess my question is this: do you think I should contact my OB about not getting a period? Or is this still pretty normal with the fact that I'm still pumping? I'm considering weaning in the fall since I have a week long company meeting and my supply is dipping anyway. Should I just play the wait and see game? I guess I just am confused at why I should worry about having a period (like the magazine said) if we're not trying to get pregnant. I already know I have pcos, so does it matter if I call my OB now or whenever we decide to try again? Sorry if this post makes no sense and rambles...i've only had one cup of coffee this morning and i have a ton of thoughts going on in this brain of mine!

TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014

Re: pcos, pumping, period...

• Options
    I was under the impression that it is "normal" to not have a period until about 6 months postpartum if you are BFing/pumping, so I think 7 months is still safe. Given you have PCOS, I would think this is "normal" for you, but that's just my opinion. 

If you aren't TTC, isn't it kind of nice to NOT have one? Or is there a health concern I'm not aware of? Now I think I'm doing more harm than good at answering lol.

If you are losing sleep over it, call your OB! It might just make you feel better to chat with her/him. :)
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TJ1979TJ1979 member
    I didn't get my first PP period until 10 months, with PCOS and BFing.  Then it was 6 weeks later before I got another.  Between BFing and PCOS your cycles are just gonna be jacked, at least that's what I'm experiencing.  If you aren't TTC, I wouldn't stress about it.  Maybe when the twins are 2 if you are interesting in trying for another, you can just do provera to jump start your cycle, do TI, and hope and pray? 
    Hugs.  I know it's frustrating for your body to be all uncooperative.  We are TTC on our own right now and my body is just pissing me off.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You may not get your period until you completely stop pumping. I got mine 5 days after I completely weaned DD.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I have pcos and pumped/bf as well. Really you have to wait until you have fully weaned to see if you get your period back. It's normal to not get it until you are done. I had one in the year I bfed. If you don't get it when you stop pumping then I would do like others said and get put on provera.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    Thanks ladies!
    TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"