Infertility
Options

Intro, Info, & Advice Please?

Hey There :)

It's been awhile, but I'm back on the bump. I was on the TTTC board back in 2008 when my DH & I started IF Treatment. After about a year of tests and treatment, we decided to go on a break to pursue holistic treatment and get our lives back. The break lasted about 4 years, way longer than we anticipated, but we're healthier for it. In October of 2012, I had to go to the emergency room for hemorrhaging, and ended up having an emergency DNC and blood transfusion. Not 2 weeks before, we'd decided to go back to treatment, so we got one thing out of the way... Fresh start & ready to begin!

In March, we were finally able to start our first cycle after test cycles & a sonohystagram. That injectable IUI failed. We went straight into the next cycle, but moved on to IVF w/ICSI. We got 27 eggs, 23 mature & fertilized, 20 started developing, and on day 4 we had 14 still going. On Day 5, our scheduled transfer, we got the news that all the remaining embryos had arrested. There was no explanation, they just stopped. To top it off, I got OHSS.

In June, I went on Lupron, and we officially began IVF cycle #2 at the beginning of July. At retrieval, they got 15 eggs, but an additional 5 were unreachable because I had OHSS again and was too swollen. They used ICSI and were able to fertilize 13 eggs. On day 2 & 3 we had 11 embryos left. We did a day 3 transfer with 3 embryos, 2 6 Cell grade 1, 1 6 Cell grade 2. The remaining embryos were left to develop to hopefully get to the blastocyst stage. 3dp3dt, we got the call that all the remaining embryos arrested. Again. Nothing to freeze. 2 IVF cycles down, nothing left. The doctor that did our retrieval this cycle asked if there was any MFI, which to our knowledge, there wasn't. We thought that was the one thing we didn't have to worry about. He suggested that because of when our embryos stopped developing, it may be a sperm issue, not a an egg quality issue like our doctor thought. This is where I need your help... Has anyone else had this happen? Do you have any advice? Any questions that we should ask at our consultation next week? We're going to request an SCSA. DH had lead poisoning when he was about 3yrs old, but we were told that shouldn't have affected him since it was before his development.

I appreciate any help you can offer. It's great to know that there's such a great community our here with such supportive members. Thanks for reading and chat with you all soon!

TTTC with PCOS & MTHFR since '06 : Me - 30  DH - 31

Metformin 1500mg, 600mg CoQ10, 1 PNV, 2000iu Vit D, 81mg Aspirin, 2 Folic Acid per day

2008 - 3 Failed Clomid/IUI Cycles (50, 100, 150mg)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Injectable IUI w/ Gonal F = BFN

Break to pursue Holistic treatment

3/2013 - Injectable IUI with Gonal F, Ganirelex, Endometrin, HCG Trigger = BFN

5/2013 - IVF #1 = Gonal F, Ganirelex, Menopur, HCG Trigger = BFN

27R, 24M/F, 20 on D3, 14 on D4, 0 on D5

Developed OHSS, RX Cabergolene, No Transfer

7/2013 - IVF #2 = Gonal F, Lupron, Menopur, Endometrin, HCG Trigger = BFN

15R, 5 Unreachable, 13M/F, 11 on D2, 11 on D3

3DT, 3Emb: 2 6 Cell grade 1, 1 6 Cell grade 2 - Remaining left to develop

D6, none left to freeze, all arrested.

SCSA Test Results Normal

2nd Opinion Consultation on 8-29 - Switching RE's

11/2013 - IVF #3 = Saizen Protocol, Gonal F, Menopur, Ganirelex, Progesterone in Oil

15R, 10M/F, 6 on D1, 2 Blasts made it to D5 Freeze.

1/2014 -  FET = Intralipid Infusion, Progesterone in Oil = BFN

Both Embryos survived thaw and both transfered

2/2014 - Consultation - Final Diagnosis is Poor Egg Quality - Recommended to move to Donor Egg

PAIF/SAIF WELCOME!!!

"Nothing good comes easily, sometimes you gotta fight..." - Amber, by 311

Re: Intro, Info, &amp; Advice Please?

• Options
    To be honest, while I was reading I was thinking that it sounded like a sperm fragmentation issue. I don't have the same experience as yourself, as we haven't gotten to the point where we're able to do IVF yet (physically), but there are quite a few ladies here with MFI experience who might be able to shed some light on it! Welcome, though I'm sorry you have to be here!
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Options
    I can't help but I wanted to give you a big hug! That's A LOT to go through.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, I'm  sorry that you've had to go through all of that :( I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
  • Options
    I don't have any advice but I wanted to say that I am sorry for all the you have gone through. I hope you find some answers soon.
    Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; Started seeing RE 11/12
    Jan-March '13 3 IUIs Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    April '13 IVF 1 MDLF converted to 4th IUI due to 3 runaway follicles! BFN
    July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!!
    Beta 1=512, Beta 2=1,368 Beta 3= 4,128
    It's a boy!!!!
    SUA, GD
    EDD 4/26/14

He's Here! Arrived 4/15/14!!!!

September 2015 - FET with remaining embryos
    Twins! EDD: 6/14/15

PAIF/SAIF Everyone welcome!
  • Options
    hmz819hmz819 member
    I'm assuming your DH had a SA. What were the results of that? You could do a DNA frag test but the problem is that if the results come back bad the only way I've read to improve DNA is a high anti oxidant diet. Our RE said the DNA frag test wouldn't tell us much and since we don't have the option around here to do PICSI we didn't do the test. My DH is taking Proxeed (recommended by my RI) and Coast Male Fertility vitamins (recommended by my RE) along with 500mg vit c, 200 mg co q 10, 200 mg pycogenol, and fish oil.

TTC#1 since April 2011
    IVF#1 July 2012 5R, 3 made it to blast, sET c/p
    FET#1 Aug 2012 2 blasts transferred BFN
    IVF#2 Oct 2012
    16R/6M/6F/2-8 cell grade 1 transfer
    Beta 1-237.9, Beta 2-566, Beta 3-8657
    US 6w3d shows one baby w/ HB 115
    US 7w1d no more heartbeat/ D&C 11/30/12 normal karyotype
    IVF#3 Mar 2013
    6R/4M/4F 1 compacting and 2-8 cell transfer
    ectopic pg MTX given 3 month break from TTC

IVF#4 Sept 2013--BFN
    IVF#5-7 Apr 2014, Jun 2014 and Aug 2014 banking embryos for CCS testing. Praying for normals! Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

http://i61.tinypic.com/34zll06
  • Options
    Thank You All For The Warm Welcome :-) DH's Sperm Counts Are Great. He Usually Has About 135 Million With Great Quality Which Is Why This Seems So Strange. I'm Hoping We Can Do A DNA Frag Test... That's The Only Thing I Can Think Of... Originally Our Doc Thought It May Be Egg Quality So She Put Me On Metformin And We Used Lupron Instead Of Ganirelex. Thanks For The Diet And Vitamin Info :-) (Sorry For The Caps, On Mobile Site And It Wants To Be Weird...)

TTTC with PCOS & MTHFR since '06 : Me - 30  DH - 31

Metformin 1500mg, 600mg CoQ10, 1 PNV, 2000iu Vit D, 81mg Aspirin, 2 Folic Acid per day

2008 - 3 Failed Clomid/IUI Cycles (50, 100, 150mg)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Injectable IUI w/ Gonal F = BFN

Break to pursue Holistic treatment

3/2013 - Injectable IUI with Gonal F, Ganirelex, Endometrin, HCG Trigger = BFN

5/2013 - IVF #1 = Gonal F, Ganirelex, Menopur, HCG Trigger = BFN

27R, 24M/F, 20 on D3, 14 on D4, 0 on D5

Developed OHSS, RX Cabergolene, No Transfer

7/2013 - IVF #2 = Gonal F, Lupron, Menopur, Endometrin, HCG Trigger = BFN

15R, 5 Unreachable, 13M/F, 11 on D2, 11 on D3

3DT, 3Emb: 2 6 Cell grade 1, 1 6 Cell grade 2 - Remaining left to develop

D6, none left to freeze, all arrested.

SCSA Test Results Normal

2nd Opinion Consultation on 8-29 - Switching RE's

11/2013 - IVF #3 = Saizen Protocol, Gonal F, Menopur, Ganirelex, Progesterone in Oil

15R, 10M/F, 6 on D1, 2 Blasts made it to D5 Freeze.

1/2014 -  FET = Intralipid Infusion, Progesterone in Oil = BFN

Both Embryos survived thaw and both transfered

2/2014 - Consultation - Final Diagnosis is Poor Egg Quality - Recommended to move to Donor Egg

PAIF/SAIF WELCOME!!!

"Nothing good comes easily, sometimes you gotta fight..." - Amber, by 311

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"