May 2013 Moms
Options

overnight diapers?

We've had a major leakage two nights of the last week so I'm going to move LO to size 3's tonight.  ACK!  Do any of you use Overnight Diapers or BDTD Moms use them last time around?  I don't really want to buy a 96 pack since we've been moving through diaper sizes fairly quickly.  Are they worth the hype?  I'm assuming he'll be fine with regular ones because not even leaking all over himself woke him up last night.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: overnight diapers?

• Options
    We do - I started using them once he started sleeping longer stretches at night. We did have one leak (even with the overnight) but otherwise, they've worked out well. We use the Pampers ones.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They do work, i needed them with my first. I feel the same way, but there is no way we'll use 96 of them before he outgrows them. I will start buying them when he's close to size 4. They are usually in 4s for a few months.
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS1 wears Huggies Overnights at night. I can't remember what age he was when we started using them.. It was after 4 months. But we still use them to this day and he just turned 2. They work amazingly well. He wears a size up from his regular daytime diapers.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Options
    I've purchased Fisher Price Happy Days and Nights for my older boy. They come in a combo pack on Amazon and they are the best diapers we have purchased. They even have waist elastic on the back. We quit purchasing them when the Fisher Price diapers got a little pricey. I like a deal.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    I used the Huggies on DD#1 with a lot of success once she quite waking in the middle of the night.
    IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    KLJ3KLJ3 member
    I bought the Pampers 12-hour diapers in size 2, and they worked fine for the overnight until DS outgrew them. He's still a size 2 in Target diapers...the Pampers seem significantly smaller. I'm definitely not gonna buy more Pampers, though, because I feel like the Target diapers hold just as much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Love huggies overnight and I am a pampers day time girl :)  I used the huggies with my older two as soon as they were sleeping through the night.  I will use them this time around too.  They do sell smaller then 96 packs, so I would start with a smaller package if you are concerned about size.  But typically they stay in size 3 diapers for the longest, so you will probably be ok with a large pack. 
  • Options
    Abs is in 2s right now and quickly growing out of them! Can't believe some of you are already in 3s! My 13.5mo old nephew is in 3s! Nuts!

The huggies overnight diaps are great btw totally worth it! Just be prepared for a heavy one in the morning!
  • Options
    KLJ3 said:
    I bought the Pampers 12-hour diapers in size 2, and they worked fine for the overnight until DS outgrew them. He's still a size 2 in Target diapers...the Pampers seem significantly smaller. I'm definitely not gonna buy more Pampers, though, because I feel like the Target diapers hold just as much.
    YES! that has been exactly our experience.  I feel like Huggies run smallest, then Pampers and then Up&Up.  The Pampers 12 hour (Baby Dry?) were the ones that kept leaking.  We're using the last few we have for daytime but using a Huggies size 3 for night time for right now.  It doesn't seem much bigger than the Up&Up size 2!  
  • Options
    We use Pampers Baby Dry at night, and always a size up from what LO wears during the day. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"