Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Angelcare Video Movement and Sound Monitor

Anyone have any reviews/insight for this monitor? I am looking to have both the video and motion sensor capabilities, and besides using two different monitors, this seems to be the only option. The reviews are pretty mixed that I can find, so just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with it?

Re: Angelcare Video Movement and Sound Monitor

• Options
    We choose to skip the angelcare because you can most successfully use it in the crib, but I was not expecting dd to sleep in her room in the early months, when the SIDS risk is highest.  Instead, we purchased a video monitor and a HALO sensor.  It ended up being a lot cheaper and much more portable. 
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    We have a regular video monitor and a Snuza (a little pager like movement monitor).  I like it way better because it goes with DS wherever he is sleeping, which these days is never his crib!!!
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ebp913 said:

We have a regular video monitor and a Snuza (a little pager like movement monitor).  I like it way better because it goes with DS wherever he is sleeping, which these days is never his crib!!!

Oops. I meant snuza. That is what I get for working and bumping at the same time.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I am a FTM, but did a lot of research and decided on the snuza and a video monitor. Then I can take the snuza anywhere unlike the angelcare
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the angle care and we loved it. We also had a snuza for when she was in other things sleeping. My only complaint with the snuza is the battery life isn't very great and it can be a PITA to find the battery. That is why I'm glad we had the angle care for crib and just he snuza for when she was in her swing or PNP. The snuza also left and imprint on her stomach when she was swaddled, so I wasn't a fan of that.

• Options
    We had false alarms all the time with the Angel Care. It scared us to death at first and then was just annoying. I much prefer the Snuza, never had a false alarm and can wear it anywhere.
    Due 3.27.14 (lame because I cannot figure out how to save a fun ticker.....)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"