Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

City Mini, City Mini GT or City Versa

Hi Everyone,

I finally decided on a Baby Jogger stroller. Now, I am having a hard time narrowing it down between the City Mini, City Mini GT and City Mini Versa. I live in just outside city lines in a small house, with a smaller car. I am looking to see if people think the Versa is too big and bulky? Are the upgrades on the GT versus the Mini worth it? Also, I am hoping to he a second child relatively close to the first one, but I thought the Select just looked too big to use as a single.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Being a new soon to be mom, all of these products are new to me.

thanks!

Re: City Mini, City Mini GT or City Versa

• Options
    I love my GT, but if I didn't need the adjustable handle for us tall people, I'd stick with the mini.
    After 22 months TTC and the loss of our identical twins at 10w6d, we're excited about our rainbow baby!
    Stick, baby, Stick!
    Beta #1 (12dpo): 38.3; Beta #2 (15dpo): 202.7
    Baby Girl born 1/17/13
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    Versa for sure.  I am big on parent facing though.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks everyone!

ebp913, you havent had any issues with the size of the Versa, or it being too heavy?

thanks!

• Options
    I have the gt. I wanted something lighter that could be used as an everyday stroller but still versatile enough that I could walk and jog with. The gt fit the bill. It's only a few pounds more than the original mini, the wheels are small enough to fit in my trunk and yet rugged enough to jog with. It's perfect for us!!
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    I don't actually have one because I have a Bugaboo Bee (fit my needs better) but I know a lot of people who do have the Versa and they love it.  What they have said is that even though the weight is a little more, because of the way it folds it doesn't feel nearly as heavy as it is.  I don't think it would be any more cumbersome than the GT.  

I had a Vista which I sold after my son was born and it weighed about the same amount as the Versa and I never had a problem getting it in and out of the car.  Sure, it's a bit heavier than some but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    The Versa isn't heavy at all and it folds flat!  The Select is rather heavy, but if you plan on having another kid soon after your first, the Select is probably the best option.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I was debating between the city mini vs the GT. in the end I splurged for the GT and didn't regret it. I go on 1hr walks daily on a bike path (parts unpaved), so the tires of the GT handle the terrain better. Also, I'm only 5'2" so the adjustable handlebar was important to me. Finally, the handbrake is a really nice feature. If I weren't going to to use the stroller this much (say, only mall trips once a week), then I would have saved the $100 and got the regular city mini.

Since you are going to have a second child soon, if you get the city mini or the GT, you'd have to get another stroller then. Having said that, a newish city mini or GT tends to have good resale value on Craigslist. 
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I went with the GT because I wanted the better wheels for pushing through snowy sidewalks in the winter. If I didn't feel I absolutely needed the better wheels, I would have gone with the regular mini. 1. The price, 2. How lightweight the regular mini is. You should definitely try them out in person if you can.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have the city mini and absolutely love it. We have a Honda fit and it was perfect for us to save on space. Looking back it would have been nice to splurge on the GT. Mostly for the hand break because foot breaks and flip flops don't go haha. Love that stroller!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"