January 2013 Moms
Options

Tummy sleeping question.

So my kiddo has a cold, and has been sleeping really poorly for about 4 days, Today we finally put together that he sleeps fine on his tummy, but on his back the mucus flows down his throat, he chokes, coughs, then wakes up ticked off. So in an effort to get him some much needed sleep i let him go to sleep on his stomach tonight. He rolls like a champ both directions, front to back and back to front, but should i be worried? WWYD?

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

Re: Tummy sleeping question.

• Options
    No need to worry! At this age their neck is strong enough to reposition if needed. DD had been a stomach sleeper ever since she could roll. I hope he feels better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    eb1113eb1113 member
    Don't worry. My DD loves to sleep on her belly. We put her down on her back but she always rolls in her sleep. It freaks my DH out, but she's fine. Hope he starts to feel better soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS rolls over on his belly and sleeps that way all night. He has been doing that for a few months now. Nothing to worry about.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    emja0214 said:
    No need to worry! At this age their neck is strong enough to reposition if needed. DD had been a stomach sleeper ever since she could roll. I hope he feels better soon!

This exactly :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

• Options
    I've been laying DD down on her belly exclusively since she turned 6 months old because I finally figured out she much prefers that position. I would not worry at this point.
  • Options
    Don't worry about it. DD is a tummy sleeper and has been since we started having her sleep in the crib.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks ladies! And you are all obviously right, he slept straight through the night (13 hours!) for the first time in a week.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Options
    let baby roll!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"