Multiples

My boys have arrived! PIP

I was scheduled for my repeat c-section August 1st, but these boys had other plans!  I woke up to back pain and contractions on Wednesday July 24th about 6am.  They did not go away despite shower and resting.  I was set to have my nst/ob appointment at 10am but by 8:30 the pain was only getting worse so we headed to the hospital.  I was still in denial at this point that anything was happening.  After getting hooked up, I was contracting every 1-2 minutes and was 1-2cm dilated and completely effaced.  After another hour I had progressed another centimeter so the doctor decided we were having babies!!!

Kaden Lucas arrived via RCS at 1:25pm 5lbs 13oz and 19in long & Logan Charles arrived at 1:26pm 6lbs 10oz and 19in long.  I was 36 weeks 2 days.

Both boys initially did well, but ended up going to the nursery for a couple of hours due to fluid in the lungs.  They came back to us and were able to room in the rest of the time. They are typical 36 weekers in that they are fairly sleepy and have to be woken for every feeding.  They were nursing well the first couple of days and now aren't so interested.  Hospital policy was that we had to supplement for late preterm babies and they take those feeds fairly well.  I am pumping every feeding and I think my milk is finally coming in. We were able to come home yesterday and things are going fairly well!  We have a home visit today so hopefully their weight's are going up and bilirubin levels are okay! 

I still am in shock and awe that I have these two beautiful babies.  Big brother is very excited about them, and he is happy we are finally all home! 

[IMG]https://i43.tinypic.com/14e0xub.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://i40.tinypic.com/2uzuexe.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://i44.tinypic.com/nq9z45.jpg[/IMG]

imageimage

Re: My boys have arrived! PIP

• ktjruss03ktjruss03 member
    edited July 2013
    Sorry I am not sure how to make the pics show up I thought I did it right!

imageimage

• Congratulations! I was able to click on the pics. They are so beautiful! Well done, momma!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats, mama!! How exciting and what a great story. Enjoy your bundles. What great weights and adorable names they have!
  • Congrats! Your birth story is very similar to mine. I had 36 weekers, at almost the same weights and need to supplement with formula too. Hope your first few weeks home go well! Try to get some rest when you can!
  • Congratulations! They are adorable!
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • Congratulations!! They are precious!
  • Congratulations!
  • congrats mommy!
  • Congratulations on your sweet boys! :)
  • LedoLedo member
    Congratulations, they are absolutely adorable.
    Evelyn & Jocelyn   9/19/2013
  • Congratulations! They're adorable!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congrats!!
    Jenny-34, DH-39, Furdog-Nissa
    TTC#1 since Aug '05, CP: 10/05, 8/12; BO: 1/13;
    IUI #8: BFP, beta 1, 6/4/13: 267, beta 2, 6/6/13: 765; First US 6/18/13-Twins!!!
    Due February 13, 2014 with two BOYS! 
    Henry Leo, 4# 13oz, 18.75 inches and Samuel Thomas, 6#, 18.5 inches arrived via c-section January 30th!  

• Congratulations! They are adorable!!!

To get the pics to show up, just copy & paste them. You don't need to worry about the IMG code anymore
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Congratulations!  I am in awe every single time someone posts pictures of their outside twins.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Mo/di baby girls lost at 20w3d due to complications from IUGR 9/2013
    Laproscopic surgery for ruptured ectopic at 7w  2/2014
  • congrats!!
  • SO CUTE!!! Big brother looks so excited!
    also great weights! Congrats on them being so robust! Hope everything continues to go great. lol loved the line about being in denial! lol 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Love it! Congratulations!!
  • Congrats!!