Multiples
Options

Shortening cervix or PTL question

Hi ladies,
If you have or had a shortening cervix or PTL issues, did you have any warning signs (even if in hindsight)?

My cervix had shortened at 18 weeks to about a 3, but my doctors weren't concerned since total length was still longer than 2.5.  I have my next MFM appointment next week.  He has told me to pay attention to any stomach muscle tightening that lasts longer than 30 seconds with 4 or more episodes in an hour. 

Did you have any other warning signs?  I know I'm being paranoid, but I'm just worried about having further cervical changes and not realizing that anything is going on.  I'm also having some general discomfort and pains, but I think it's just the weight of the babies (as I'll feel the baby move and then the pain goes away).

Thanks!
Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls

Re: Shortening cervix or PTL question

• Options
    With my son I was having what I thought were Braxton Hicks that would last hours! I went to the doc and got a stress test, and "failed". My doc told me to take it easy. A few weeks later on a Sunday I had what I thought was a terrible stomach ache...and then Tuesday night my water broke. In hindsight I think the Braxton hicks were actually contractions that were not really painful and the stomach ache was the start of my cervix/uterus going into labor. I delivered 5 weeks early so I am on super monitoring this time. Hope that makes sense.

imageimage

• Options
    I was having contractions but couldn't feel them. My cervix went from a 3.5-4 to a 2 in the matter of 2 weeks. I was sent to L&D for monitoring and released after 4 days to bed rest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just lots of BH/contractions. Rest and stay off your feet as much as possible, mama.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Contractions and spotting. Things can happen very quickly. I agree that you should rest as much as possible. I also lost my mucous plug and that's when I panicked and called. Hope that cervix stays nice and long!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IVF #1 BFP b/g twins!; loss at 23 weeks due to I.C. and PTL. IVF #2 BFP 5/26/12; due date 2/6/13; TAC surgery 7/20/12, blessed with another girl & boy! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your insights.
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the mucus plug part! I thought I had lost it but was unsure, wish I had said something to my doctor. It seemed like just a crazy amount of discharge but was my plug....that is also a good warning sign.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"