International Bumpies

UK FTM's?

Hi :) I am a FTM currently 18+5 weeks, living in England, UK. Just wondered if there are any others in the UK to share experiences with on here? :)

Re: UK FTM's?

• I'm living in the UK -- Norfolk to be exact.   Pregnant with #1 :-)
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Avion22 said:

I'm living in the UK -- Norfolk to be exact.   Pregnant with #1 :-)

Congrats :) great feeling isn't it, if a bit scary! I'm in Bristol. How far along are you?

• Loading the player...
  • Just over 5 weeks.
    imageDSC_9275  image

• Awh lovely. You feeling ok so far?
  • Hello and congrats to you both! FTM, 32 weeks and change, living in Scotland :) It's definitely a different experience here than it sounds like it is in the states. (And I always forget to check this board).
  • Paturkey said:

Hello and congrats to you both! FTM, 32 weeks and change, living in Scotland :) It's definitely a different experience here than it sounds like it is in the states. (And I always forget to check this board).

Hi, congrats to you :) I get a little lost in translation sometimes and also so thankful that we have an NHS here, pregnancy sounds like it can be quite expensive in the states
  • I'm just over the water in Belgium (have been here for 2 years, but am an American). DH and I talk all the time about how having a baby here is a very smart financial decision! I'm just at 18 weeks. :)
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Trying to conceive #2
    Me: 36 - slight DOR (AMH: 1.1), decent OAR; DH: 41 - Morphology 4%
    NTNP July-Aug 2014, ATTC Sept 2014-Present
    October 2014 - CP
    July 2015 - Clomid + #1 IUI = BFN
    September 2015 - Clomid + #2 IUI = CP
    October 2015 - Letrozole (5 follies - yay!) + #3 IUI = BFN
    November 2015 - CP
    December 2015 - CP
    February 2016 - Letrozole + #4 IUI = CP
    April 2016 - CP
    May/June 2016 - IVF #1 and IUI #5 (Estrace + Follistim + micro-hCG + HGH) = BFN

Struggled to conceive #1 2012-2013
    Me: Chronic Pain Condition since 2009, DH: Slightly Abnormal SA
    Clomid #1: March 2013 - BFN; Clomid + IUI: May 2013 CXL; BFP on 4/22/13 = Baby Boy #1 1/1/14

• I'm also American, so not on the NHS.  Fortunately, my military health care coverage is completely free and very comprehensive, so I won't have to pay out-of-pocket for any care.    
    imageDSC_9275  image

• @Fizzy8 Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about NHS or MWs. I know it's slightly different in England but I'm happy to help if I can!
  • @Paturkey thanks very much for that :)

@adunkin you due in December? I'm due 25 th dec! :)

@Avion22 that's great that you're covered :) What happens if you don't have cover, do you not get any help during pregnancy?
  • @Fizzy8, in the US military all members are 100% covered for necessary care, and it's a system that's really similar to the NHS actually.  I'm here on US military orders, so I'm good-to-go.  Most Americans have to purchase health insurance through their company's policy, which can get expensive, especially for pregnancy.  So I'm pretty lucky :-)
    imageDSC_9275  image

• Fizzy8 said:
    @Paturkey thanks very much for that :)@adunkin you due in December? I'm due 25 th dec! :)@Avion22 that's great that you're covered :) What happens if you don't have cover, do you not get any help during pregnancy?
    @Fizzy8 - My official EDD is Jan 2, but the last couple of ultrasounds (we get them at least every 4 weeks - sometimes more often since I'm high risk) baby was measuring more around Dec 27. I have a feeling baby will come before Christmas, but only time will tell!
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Trying to conceive #2
    Me: 36 - slight DOR (AMH: 1.1), decent OAR; DH: 41 - Morphology 4%
    NTNP July-Aug 2014, ATTC Sept 2014-Present
    October 2014 - CP
    July 2015 - Clomid + #1 IUI = BFN
    September 2015 - Clomid + #2 IUI = CP
    October 2015 - Letrozole (5 follies - yay!) + #3 IUI = BFN
    November 2015 - CP
    December 2015 - CP
    February 2016 - Letrozole + #4 IUI = CP
    April 2016 - CP
    May/June 2016 - IVF #1 and IUI #5 (Estrace + Follistim + micro-hCG + HGH) = BFN

Struggled to conceive #1 2012-2013
    Me: Chronic Pain Condition since 2009, DH: Slightly Abnormal SA
    Clomid #1: March 2013 - BFN; Clomid + IUI: May 2013 CXL; BFP on 4/22/13 = Baby Boy #1 1/1/14

• Hi, I am an American living in UK (northeastern Scotland). I am pregnant with #2. We are covered under NHS. This is my first LO here in the UK, I Had DD in the States.

Welcome!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• I'm here too :) in Suffolk! 6 weeks along!!
  • I'm in greater London. Followed my husband here for work. My visa allows me to get care through NHS. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"