Indiana Babies
Options

Maternity Stores in/near Indy

Has anyone found any good maternity stores around Indy?  I feel like Target has some good stuff, but the Destination Maternity (I think that's what it is) there in Keystone by Nordstrom stressed me out - it was so dark and disorganized!  Just wondering what others have found around town.  I'm just entering the 2nd trimester and fewer and fewer things are fitting Embarrassed

Re: Maternity Stores in/near Indy

• Options
    ebd08ebd08 member

JC Penney used to have a small maternity section (their brand is called Duo), but since they got a makeover I don't know if it's in store anymore.  I also think Macy's and Sears have little maternity sections too.  Some Old Navy stores (the one in Greenwood and in Avon) have maternity, and there's a Motherhood Maternity in Avon as well.

Also - there's always consignment!  Just Google to see what kinds of consignment stores are around your area.  There's an enormous consignment sale (called Just Between Friends) happening in Noblesville August 7-10 and you could probably score some maternity (and baby) stuff there.

Hope this helps! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Isn't there a maternity section in the Gap at keystone.... Or am I dreaming?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I got lots of stuff at The Next Step which is a resale/consignment store in Broad Ripple that has both maternity and kids clothes. They have a decent selection and prices - I ended up going back three or four times while I was pregnant and found several things each time.

I also got some stuff on e-bay once I figured out what size I was in the various brands. It's a little risky, but was worth it to me to pay so much less for something I only wore for a few months. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Options
    Babies R Us now has a much larger maternity selection available, where they used to have the photo centers.  My wife used Motherhood Maternity a great deal as well, the one in Plainfield by Metropolis, but I think it may have disappeared.
  • Options
    There is a motherhood maternity in greenwood. Oh and JC Penny used to have a maternity section but they no longer do. I think they still offer maternity online though.
  • Options
    Hi, I also got almost all of my maternity clothes at the Next Step too.. also a quite a few belly bands, bras, books and maternity body pillows. Honestly, I had never shopped consignment before and was a little skeptical-but then figured that hey we only wear these clothes for a few months! I couldn't believe the $$ difference. Jeans I looked at and wanted from $70-$100 were like under $25 and looked like they were never worn. They had a really big selection.  Here's their FB page  www.facebook.com/TheNextStepShop 

I heard a few months ago that the maternity section was out of the GAP store in Keystone which is a shame because GAP was probably my favorite brand to wear though... I did order some things online, but felt like they never really fit right and ended up sending a few back. I hated not being able to try it on first. ugh. I also had a little success with the Motherhood outlet in Edinburgh- but barely had time to make the hour drive there and back more than just once.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Yep, the Gap maternity section at Keystone is no more. It's a bummer because they always had cute stuff! The Old Navy at Trader's Point has some maternity stuff, I think. And I think the ON at Clay Terrace does, too.
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"