Multiples
Options

Pumping With Multiples

I plan to BF as long as I can but have to go back to work 8 weeks PP so I'll be pumping a lot. I was thinking of renting a pump from the hospital since they are supposed to be more powerful and quicker but then I saw that they are heavy and hard to lug around so I'm having second thoughts. BRU has 20 percent off pumps now so I'm wondering if I should just buy one? Any advice from MOMs that did a lot of pumping?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pumping With Multiples

• Options
    Have you looked into your insurance to see what they cover?

• Options
    I used the hospital pump while the girls were in the NICU (i think was medela symphony?)... I had great results with it. I used that pump primarily for 2 months.
    Once the girls were out of the NICU I used the Medela Pump in Style for 3 months and the Medela Freestyle for another 6 months after that for a total of 11 months of pumping.

I loved my Freestyle and would recommend it highly. I did not see a significant difference in the amount I was able to pump with any of these pumps (I did not have any problems meeting the volume I needed to feed my twinners). As well, the Freestyle was very efficient and pumped more quickly than the Pump in Style.

I would suggest buying one, and make sure it's a double pump! I also loved my Hands Free "Bra"  https://www.snugabell.com/products/pumpease ... that thing made all the difference! Good luck!
    Daisypath imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SWA80SWA80 member

Have you looked into your insurance to see what they cover?

Nothing unfortunately. They've said that my policy is grandfathered in and exempt form the new law.
  • Options
    I had a Medela Pump in Style Advanced and I highly recommend it!! Worked just as well for me as the one I used in the hospital, and I could just pump straight into the Dr Browns bottles we used. I EP'd, so I pretty much lived with this thing attached to me for 7 months. Its great!
  • Options
    And I second the hands-free bra!
  • Options
    I EPd with both a PIs
    SA and an Ameda PY and was fine with either. And I third the hands free bra, get one asap! And I did have to keep my supply in check but was pumping upwards of 100oz a day in my prime still without a hospital pump (and only quit at 10 months for sanity reasons :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I EPd with both a PIs SA and an Ameda PY and was fine with either. And I third the hands free bra, get one asap! And I did have to keep my supply in check but was pumping upwards of 100oz a day in my prime still without a hospital pump (and only quit at 10 months for sanity reasons :)

:-O 100oz a day? I hate you. J/K. I've just had to kill myself to get to the 50oz I day I pump now, which is still insufficient for two hungry monkeys!  :|
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    SWA80SWA80 member
    Thanks for all of the advice. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the PIS. And it sounds like I need a hands free bra as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"