Pre-School and Daycare

Houston we have a biter

Well I thought I got lucky and got to skip the biting stage with DD1. Nope. She has decided to take it up now. A month before school starts. I really want to put a stop to it fast. Poor DD2 always has bite marks on her now. :( When it happens I send her to the corner and love all over DD2. When her time out is over I ask her what she did, why, and then we talk about what she should do instead. Anything I could be doing differently ladies? Thanks!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Houston we have a biter

• I would probably try and find out what is causing the biting in the first place.  Does the biting occur when you are playing with DD2?  when she is tired?  when her toy has been taken?   If you can figure out what causes the behavior, you will probably be more successful in stopping it.    Its that whole, proactive vs reactive thing. 

And if DD1 is to little to use words, keep track of it in a journal.  What happened right before the biting, where she bit, what room, who was there, what time, etc.  You will start to see patterns. 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hmmm looks like my siggy isnt current. She is just over 3. I'm not in the room when it happens. She does it when she is mad or fustrated. (DD2 took her toy, she doesnt want to share anymore, DD2 has something she wants, etc.)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • So at this point then she understands what is right or wrong.  Maybe set up a sticker chart- if she goes the day with out biting, she gets a sticker.  Or you could even split it to morning and afternoon.  When she gets to so many stickers she gets to pick out something fun at the store.  Or maybe there is something she really wants that she can earn stickers towards? 

Also, does she have some toys that are in a safe zone that only she gets to play with b/c she is the older sister?  Maybe she feels like she doesn't have any special things that are just hers.  When she doesn't feel like sharing or needs some time on her own, is there a place she can go to play with just her toys? 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"