Babies on the Brain
Options

Intro (posted on TTGP also)

Hey ladies! My husband and I had our first wedding anniversary last month so yay on that! I stopped taking my BCP in May after a job change. I had been planning to do it for a while after being on it for almost 10 years. Prior I had irregular cycles and not having a predictable 28 cycles stinks but that's really the only negative. I guess I am just using OPKs and charting CM as I have a super busy schedule, I.e. work full time, grad school full time, and work two part time jobs so I thought I would use those two for now. I did sign up for FF and am just filling out the first chart this month. I wouldn't say we have a time frame or anything in mind, we just know it can take a while for people TGP and we know we're in a good place right now. If it happened automatically I would be through the roof, but know thats not necessarily realistic! Here's to good luck to all:)

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker

Re: Intro (posted on TTGP also)

• Options
    Good Luck :-)
    If I could ask you a question? I recently quit taking my BC as well and I was wondering how long it took you to get back to a regular cycle? I know it can vary from woman to woman but I like to hear peoples real stories. Thanks!
    Me: 33; Him: 32
    TTC Since July 2013
    DS: Gabriel (born Aug. 1999)

• Options
    I can't honestly answer that...as I stopped taking my BCP at the end of May and had my period from that the beginning of June. The next period was the 35 cycle... :( I don't know if I o'd that cycle or not as we had not decided to start trying. I don't know if I will ever have a regular cycle per say, because before BCP, I was between 21-35 days with no rhyme or reason. I would like to think I am going to be 35 days approximately....but don't know how realistic that is!

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well good luck to you! Your cycle length you're aiming for could be realistic; I've heard you never know coming off the pill... I'm hoping for either a quick BFP or that my body regulates fast so I can get a handle on fertility friend app and charting.
    Me: 33; Him: 32
    TTC Since July 2013
    DS: Gabriel (born Aug. 1999)

• Options
    Hey ladies! My husband and I had our first wedding anniversary last month so yay on that! I stopped taking my BCP in May after a job change. I had been planning to do it for a while after being on it for almost 10 years. Prior I had irregular cycles and not having a predictable 28 cycles stinks but that's really the only negative. I guess I am just using OPKs and charting CM as I have a super busy schedule, I.e. work full time, grad school full time, and work two part time jobs so I thought I would use those two for now. I did sign up for FF and am just filling out the first chart this month. I wouldn't say we have a time frame or anything in mind, we just know it can take a while for people TGP and we know we're in a good place right now. If it happened automatically I would be through the roof, but know thats not necessarily realistic! Here's to good luck to all:)
    Honestly, taking your temp in the morning takes way less time than shlepping an OPK to the office and popping a squat.

Best of luck. When I came off BCP years ago my cycle returned to pre-BCP normal after about 2 months.
  • Options
    You're so right. I don't get a lot of quality sleep either though so I don't think it would be very accurate? Maybe I'm wrong :/

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"