Homeschooling

Hello--Intro

Hello,

Found this board by complete accident and I just had to get involved. It was only a few months ago, after walking away from my job, that my husband and I decided we'd homeschool our 4 yr old daughter for prek this year. I've been doing so much research and preparing, I'm so excited but also so nervous. I hope to get to know all of you and gain some advice, insight, and just some good laughs along the way. Thanks for reading!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello--Intro

• imageDC2London:

Yay!  Welcome!!

And are you TTC?  Good luck on your TTC journey :) 

Thank you! And yes, we're tryin for #2 (hopefully a boy). Thank you, again.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Welcome. I have a 4 year old, too. He will be 5 in Oct, but we are doing preschool work instead of kindergarten. Are you using a curriculum?

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

• Loading the player...
  • imageLJM0521:
    Welcome. I have a 4 year old, too. He will be 5 in Oct, but we are doing preschool work instead of kindergarten. Are you using a curriculum?

I didn't really want to buy a curriculum just yet so I went on a search for free options and settled on the Letter of the Week curriculum (I tweaked and added some things to make it our own though). Are you using a curriculum? And may I ask why you've chosen to give your son preschool work instead of kindergarten?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hi welcome! My dd will be five in januray (holy crap!)  We are doing k4 this year.

DD1 | Jan 2009
    DD2 | June 2011
    DS1 | Oct 2013
       ADD3 | Oct 2014 (April 2001)
    DS2 | June 2016
    DS3 | Dec 2018

Due with baby blob August 2021

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi! That sounds exciting! I sort of unschooled last year of PreK/some K stuff this year with some worksheets and things thrown in, apparently referred to as "strewing" in the US community.

There are tons of great ideas on Pinterest and homeschool sites!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"