March 2014 Moms
Options

Worst Names

So one of my friends is naming her baby Tree!!!?! I feel bad because I laughed when she told me. But I thought she was joking, Iwas I in the wrong? Tree?? Another  friend had a baby named Bear last year...I had to lie and say how adorable that name is. Why parents? What are some unique baby names you have heard?
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Worst Names

• Options
    Omygoodness!!!! Those poor babies! They have to live with those horrible names forever!

Engaged 12-12-10 Married 5-12-12 Baby Jaxon 3-23-14 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Call Me Mrs.Foster Blog

• Options
    Why are you friends with a bunch of hippies? I think any name that has a random y is automatically ugly and dumb.
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jjt616jjt616 member
    those are the kids who will grow up and officially change their name. I mean how can they interview for a job and shake hands with the interviewer and say my name is bear - last name.

• Options
    I feel so bad for these kids but they probably won't be the only ones with awful names as it seems more and people are trying to be "unique." I can only think of the awful celebrity names Blanket and Apple.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Wow, I didn't think real people (ie non-celebrities) named their kids things like that.  If it was a name you just didn't care for, then laughing would be a bit mean.  But Tree?  No, I don't think you were in the wrong at all.  Your friend needs to get a feel for how people are going to react for the rest of this kids life when they hear their name....btw, is Tree and Bear male or female?  I'm guessing Bear is a boy, but who knows about Tree.  Will Bear and Tree be friends?  I can only imagine the possibilities.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    I used to be in charge of the birth registry at my hospital and someone named their child ABCDE and another La-a (pronounced la dash a)

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    I used to be in charge of the birth registry at my hospital and someone named their child ABCDE and another La-a (pronounced la dash a)
    Sure there was
    [-(
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
  • Options
    The stripper names irk me, like Champagne, Destiny, Porsche, and Diamond. But I think North West might be worse than those.

IUI#3 brought us our dragon baby Z

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge: Animal Snow Interactions 

• Options
    My mom is a teacher and she had a La-a/Ladasha. She also had a student named Baby Boy. In middle school.
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • Options
    This is what I always here when I bring up Clementine. It's how I ended up naming my daughter Madeline instead of Clementine. But you know what? My Maddy loves the name clementine and asked me after overhearing a conversation, why I didn't name her what I wanted. Kids will grow into their names. Yea, clementine is a fruit. It's also a very pretty and unique name for a special and unique child. My first born fits that bill to a t... Hopefully this one will too.
  • Options
    My mom is a teacher and she had a La-a/Ladasha. She also had a student named Baby Boy. In middle school.

NO. No. No. No. No. This a racist urban legend. Does she have a yearbook? If so, ask her to show you this La-a!
  • Options
  • Options

Cheetara2 said:
    The stripper names irk me, like Champagne, Destiny, Porsche, and Diamond. But I think North West might be worse than those.
    I agree with all this. What kind of life are you planning for your child when you name them Porsche, seriously? Do people think about that?
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • Options
    kali55kali55 member
    I remember there was an article on the least popular baby names in our province and DiezelBlaze made the list.  

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    jjt616 said:
    those are the kids who will grow up and officially change their name. I mean how can they interview for a job and shake hands with the interviewer and say my name is bear - last name.
    Ok I heard bear and was like woah no thats bad. but what about Bear Grylls?? they'd have to have quite the masculine last name to make it work.
    tree is bad. no way around that one.
  • Options
    we have a guy at my work named Huckleberry Finn but he legally changed his name to that

Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    No yearbook, but it's true.
  • Options

No it isn't
  • Options
    Yes, I've also known kids named La-a and Abcde.  Two years ago, there was a little girl in my kindergarten class named Castle Story (first and middle).  It grew on me, though I would never name my kid that.  Have you heard of Lemonjello and Orangejello?  My husband jokes that we will name our kid after his and my grandfathers - Walter Hershel and Vernon Irving.  OMG.  Shoot me now.

• Options
    gisa886 said:

No it isn't

Seriously? Mmmmkay.
  • Options
    I worked with a lady that had a granddaughter named Sparrow Moon.

Even weirder because her parents were both total straight laced yuppies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
  • Options
    TallAsh said:
    gisa886 said:
    Sure there was
    [-(

There were also twins named Lemonjello and Orangejello.
    Exactly.
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image

• Options

It's also a very pretty and unique name for a special and unique child.

Every child is special and unique. Nothing about your child makes them any more special and unique than anyone else's. Statements like that always come off as a "better than thou attitude" IMO.

• Options
    the worst I've heard are
    -Coke
    -Pepsi
    -Dalasone (the last one)

I do know a few people in my town  that have pretty bad names (think Harry Ball)...but I don't want to post that online since it is there full name.
  • Options
    Just want to say this cracked me up ... no new names to add! 
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • Options
    I think this go with gender neutral names too (I get some are more accepting then others)... My DH is name Kelly... and we have received so MUCH crap for it... In High school he was tortured pretty much. Children/teens can be so crual. I remember one of the mean girls in high school kept calling me a lesbian because I was dating a male name Kelly... what kind of logic is that? Stupid! However, the name gender issue has been following us even know. We refinanced our home back in 2011 and the bank officer ask if our husband's lived with us... um... lady Kelly is my husband. He even got some crap at work when a guy in the field emailed him "Thanks Babe"... He now used Mr. in front of his name for resume and also all correspondence. It still pretty bad though.... I wish people wouldn't assume a gender based off of their name, but honestly I have done it too... but since Kelly is my husband and I see how much it has effect him I try to be more aware that there are males with 'female' names... All gender neutral names have been removed from our list...
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Options
    I think this go with gender neutral names too (I get some are more accepting then others)... My DH is name Kelly... and we have received so MUCH crap for it... In High school he was tortured pretty much. Children/teens can be so crual. I remember one of the mean girls in high school kept calling me a lesbian because I was dating a male name Kelly... what kind of logic is that? Stupid! However, the name gender issue has been following us even know. We refinanced our home back in 2011 and the bank officer ask if our husband's lived with us... um... lady Kelly is my husband. He even got some crap at work when a guy in the field emailed him "Thanks Babe"... He now used Mr. in front of his name for resume and also all correspondence. It still pretty bad though.... I wish people wouldn't assume a gender based off of their name, but honestly I have done it too... but since Kelly is my husband and I see how much it has effect him I try to be more aware that there are males with 'female' names... All gender neutral names have been removed from our list...
    Putting aside the rudeness of that bank loan officer (what if you WERE a lesbian couple? So what?)

Obviously none of those folks follow surfing at all... um, Kelly Slater? Nothing feminine about him!

imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • Options
    OMG, I don't understand it.  I mean don't people think??  I don't personally know anymore that's named their baby a stupid name but I'm sure we've all heard celebrity kids names: NORTH, APPLE, MOROCCO, BLU...  There's so many I can't even think of all of them.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I actually really like Bear. I can see it being cute! A friend just had a little boy named Fox. He had a pretty formal name otherwise and it really worked. 
  • Options
    Putting aside the rudeness of that bank loan officer (what if you WERE a lesbian couple? So what?)

Obviously none of those folks follow surfing at all... um, Kelly Slater? Nothing feminine about him!

Totally agree!! What if we where a lesbian couple! I live in a very conservative area... and Kelly is mostly heard of as a girls name in my area.
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
    Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Options
    I had twins in my class, a boy and a girl. They were named AshleyGirl and AshleyBoy. Ugh.

I've also known a few girls named Princess, and of course they were far from it once you got to know them. lol

• Options
    If anyone's interested, re: La-a (Ladasha).

Me: 28, DH: 30
    TTC since January 2011, Moderate MFI but mostly unexplained
    Missy Makes...

IVF #1 (w/ ICSI):
    6/26/13: 20 eggs retrieved
    6/27/13: 17 eggs mature, 16 fertilized with ICSI
    7/1/13: transferred 2 early blasts
    7/3/13: 2 blasts frozen, grades 5CB
    7/6/13: 5dp5dt, BFP on HPT
    7/10/13: 9dp5dt, 1st beta = 149
    7/15/13: 14dp5dt, 2nd beta = 937
    7/29/13: 1st u/s, TWINS!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I know a teacher who had Precious, Miracle, and Diamond this year.
     OMG: Seriously?  What exactly did she teach???????? ;)

married 9.2007
    dd born 8.2010
    #2 due 3.15.14

• Options
    gisa886 said:

NO. No. No. No. No. This a racist urban legend. Does she have a yearbook? If so, ask her to show you this La-a!

Thank you!  I cringe, anytime there is a thread like this on any social media site (not just TB) and somebody always knows somebody who knows a La-a, twins named Orangello and Lemonjello, or Shitthead, or ABCDE.....
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    Does anyone read STFU Parents? There have been a few gems on there, but my all-time favorite was Vagesty. You know, like majesty but with a vagina.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Right now i work with a girl named blessing

image"">

• Options
    eeehh the 62 year old cute grandma type lady who writes down and tracks all the baby names in my hospital told me those 2 names when I asked her the strangest names she has seen in her time working here. I highly doubt she is racist (she is black) or lying. She said she has actually seen abcde more than once.  

image"">

• Options
    I work with a woman named Twilight ...
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"