June 2012 Moms
Options

Naps

AJ has been sleeping in lately, until about 8ish. It's so nice! I just don't think she needs two naps anymore. My pedi recommended two naps until about 18 months, but I believe she's ready now. Anybody else's LO down to one nap already? Was it an easy transition? What time is their one nap? I was thinking about doing an early afternoon nap, just after lunch around 1230 to 1ish. I'm just hoping I don't throw off a pretty good schedule she is on.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Naps

• Options
    DS also just transitioned himself. I kept trying to lay him down in the morning like usual but he'd cry so I stopped trying. He now wakes at 7. Naps between 11 and 12 for 2 hours and is in bed around 8. Just follow her cues.
  • Options
    We transitioned right around 12m.  He wakes up around 7, goes down for a nap around 11:45-12 and sleeps until 2:30/3.  It was easy for us since he was already pushing his first nap, so I felt like he was ready. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has been doing only one nap for about 2 months now. He was pushing his morning nap later and later, which pushed the afternoon nap so late that it was just too late to let him take one.

He naps right after lunch from 12 to 2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think DS is trying to transition to one nap a day, but we're still hit-or-miss. Sunday he woke up at 7:00, took a nap from 11:30-2:30, and was good to go until bedtime around 7:00. Yesterday our smoke detector randomly went off and woke him up 1.5 hours into his nap, so he went down for another nap in the evening. Today he woke again after 1.5 hours, so I just put him down for another nap at 4:00. It will be short, but there was no way he would make it to bedtime.

Right now my routine is just to wait until 11:30 or 12:00 to put him down for nap. If he wakes before 2:00, he gets an afternoon nap as well. Otherwise one nap seems to get him through.

• Options
    DS is down to one nap. He naps usually from 12 to 2 on days he's at daycare.

Days he's home sometimes the nap starts a bit earlier or later depending on what we're doing that day.

I didn't really do anything to transition him to one nap. I think daycare helped because all the kids nap around the same time.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    At daycare, they transitioned DD to 1 nap when she turned 1.  I think it is too soon.  I still let her take 2 naps at home.  I did the same thing with DS, and I think he outgrew the morning nap by about 17 months.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    DD2 cut out the second nap herself right before turning one. She does get pretty cranky by 6pm, but if we put her up for a nap she just cries on and on so we really have no choice but to let her stay up. I'm really shocked she's already down to 1 nap a day since DD1 took 2/day until she was 1 and a half.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"