September 2013 Moms
Options

Dear September 2013 Group...

I?ve been feeling this way for some time and it?s just one of those things I have to get off my chest. I have a really hard time with how certain users in this group treat others.  I?m not going to specifically call anyone out, because that?s juvenile, but I think you all know who you are.  You?ve created your own little clique within this group, which is completely fine, but once you start ganging up on other people, that?s where I take issue. The bottom-line for me, you?re bullies, clear and simple.

Over the past few months, I?ve seen the way you treat ?newbies? and it?s just deplorable. It?s as if there is nothing that a ?newbie? can do right. If you don?t introduce yourself, we don?t want to hear from you. If you do introduce yourself and it?s too long, we?ll tell you that we didn?t care to read your entire intro. Even if you?re not a ?newbie? to TB, but you are to this group, you better pay your respects, or we?ll just demean your entire post.

I know I don?t post a lot. Generally that?s because I don?t have something to say that?s relevant to the topic at-hand. You?ll never see me posting something just for the sake of posting and getting my number up. I may only have 45 posts, but that doesn?t make my opinion less valid than someone who has 450 posts or even 4,500 posts.

This board was created for pregnant women to share information with each other, offer advice and provide support to one another. What time during a woman?s life does she need more support than during pregnancy? We?re all going through this. Even though we?ll all raise our children differently, right now is when we should be supporting each other the most. Some of us will choose to breastfeed and others will formula feed. Some will go back to work full-time and others will stay home. None of that matters. What matters is that we support one another.

I know that life isn?t all rainbows and sunshine, but I also can?t accept the fact that it?s ok for people, who sit behind a keyboard and computer screen, to make others feel bad about themselves. I know for myself, I want to raise my daughter in the most positive environment that I possibly can.  I want to raise her to know that everyone?s opinions matter, whether I agree with it or not and that she should never, in any case, think that she can bully someone else.

If I?m the only one that feels this way, that?s ok, I can live with it. It?s just one of those things that I had to say or it would just stick with me.

I truly wish you all the best with your pregnancies.

Re: Dear September 2013 Group...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"