TTC after 35

Drive by bfp

Ticker warning.

I'm sorry for anyone who takes this the wrong way, but I felt a need to express something which has been bothering me.

There are a lot of women on this board who have been struggling for a VERY long time TTC. They come here to offer support to one another. If you have not taken the time to interact with anyone here and get to know them or let them get to know you, please do not post a drive by bfp. You may have been lurking for a long time and you may have found it a great source of comfort to read other people's posts, but if you did not participate in an at least somewhat active manner, suddenly posting your bfp feels like a giant slap in the face. I know I don't speak for everyone and many find inspiration seeing success stories, but for many it just feels really insensitive getting hit with an in your face bfp from someone who never took the time to introduce themselves and offer support to others.

If you are a lurker and you get your bfp everyone is very happy for you and wishes you the best, but please come on over to PG35 and introduce yourself there, we will welcome you. No disrespect intended to the ladies who recently posted, I just think a little board etiquette needs to be pointed out for the sake of the ladies who are struggling. Thank you.
Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.

Re: Drive by bfp

• Beautifully stated, Guennie.  
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Thank you for the post and stopping by, hope you are doing well.  I am happy for everyone and get the BFPs. But for some of us here, it wasn't an easy journey and I think a lot of us will appreciate the sensitivity.
  • Loading the player...
  • Well said! Lately there seem to be lots of these, you see a BFP in the post title, don't recognize the name, open it, and see they have like five posts. Ugh, total slap in the face! I haven't been commenting, but I haven't been congratulating either, it really feels fake and AWish for people to come on here and post their BFPs when they haven't been around at all helping to answer others' questions and offering support where possible. I just don't get it, to be honest. 

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Nicely stated. Thank you.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Well expressed thank you. I haven't had the difficult journey that some ladies here have/are but I did wonder about how some might feel in the face of the drive bys.

I did a general congratulations in calibride's post, because I am genuinely pleased for anyone who gets pregnant, and have just the best wishes for everyone's journey.

I do think some people need to think about the sensitivity of their posts.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• This needed to be said..thank you for saying it! 
    Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Thank you Guennie! While I'm happy for those who've recently gotten their BFPs, it does sting a little.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks Guen, as always you speak well :) I am pleased for everyone that gets there BFP's but yes it can seem like a slap in teh face, not that these recent ones haven;t had their own struggles, I wish them all well.

And to the rest of us its positive hopes for our BFP!!!

LLama, love so good to hear from you as always too!! Miss you here!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• imageHeathernSteven:

Thanks Guen, as always you speak well :) I am pleased for everyone that gets there BFP's but yes it can seem like a slap in teh face, not that these recent ones haven;t had their own struggles, I wish them all well.

And to the rest of us its positive hopes for our BFP!!!

LLama, love so good to hear from you as always too!! Miss you here!

I miss you too!  I wish I had a reason to post here again..  I do lurk just in case I need to congratulate someone though.  Good luck to you and all my pals!  :)

Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Thank you for saying this. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

Me-39, HSG 2/13- clear. DS-IUI #1-3/13,300iu Menopur 12 days,3 days Cetrotide, Ovidrel Trigger-BFN. IUI #2 06/13, BFP EDD: 02/22/14 m/c (cp), IUI #3- BFP EDD: 5/17/14 m/c 09/13. Blood work/RPL panel- nk cell/MTHFR mutation- negative. Blood work all good. Unexplained reason for m/c. IUI #4 BFP m/c (cp) 10/13. IUI #5- 12/13 Cancelled. No response. (1)follicle. IUI #5.1- 2/14. IVF Bound

********************SAIF/ PAIF/ ALL ARE WELCOME***********************
  • I just really felt something needed to be said. I still appreciate the support and advice I received on this board and I am still rooting for all of you from afar so as not to shove my good fortune in your face. I am doing well. Hoping to see all of you on PG35, it is my plan to pull you all over to the dark side one by one...evil grin! My best to all of you!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • ksgsmuksgsmu member
    thank you for speaking up... I feel the same way!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• steverstever member

Siggy warning.

As a former poster and constant cheerleader for this board I gotta say that drive by's seriously suck and I give Guennie a big thumbs up for posting this.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"