Pre-School and Daycare

your experience w/ RSVP from preschool class?

I'm curious...How long did it take ppl to RSVP to you after you gave invites & how many never RSVPed at all?  I would think that many would know a yes or no pretty quickly and would just shoot an email to get it out of the way...but maybe that is just b/c that is what I do and most ppl take longer. I put the final date a week before the party but now I want to start ordering supplies & realized that was probably a mistake and I'll just have to guess.

Re: your experience w/ RSVP from preschool class?

• We invited all of the girls in DD's class to her party in May. There was 8 girls, only those who were coming RSVP'd, only 2 came. None of the others ackknowledged the invitation except when I handed it to them.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageMrs.Greg:
    We invited all of the girls in DD's class to her party in May. There was 8 girls, only those who were coming RSVP'd, only 2 came. None of the others ackknowledged the invitation except when I handed it to them.

I just find this so weird. Even if you just are not a bday party person, your kid doesnt want to go, you don't go to preschool bday parties as a rule or whatever, send the person a note and tell them you've already got plans. Why are ppl so rude?

• Loading the player...
  • shannmshannm member

I found that this completely depends on the actual school and parents.  Our last preschool, most did not RSVP at all.  Although all who came did.  

Our current school, especially if done by evite, all will RSVP.  Most/All before the final date requested. 

• LoCarbLoCarb member
    Only the ppl who replied yes RSVP and it was within a few days. No response from anyone else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • About half of DD1's preschool class showed at her party this year. Only the ones who came RSVP'd. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Yes RSVP quick. No are slow or never.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • I think it's common now to only RSVP if you are attending a party. Unfortunately, if you wanted quick rsvps, you shouldn't have put a deadline date a week before the party. Often times parents wait until closer to that date to respond to get a better gauge on their schedules.
    Hawaii
  • Thanks all..

I'm well aware of why people can't come to parties, that summer is tough w/ vacations etc and that everyone is busy (I work f/t, have 2 kids and am not clueless about ppl having conflicts in their life, but thanks...I also find a second to rsvp yes or no for preschool parties but I guess I'm in the minority)...I was just curious about the actual RSVP process. I was thinking maybe ppl just take it to mean RSVP if yes so that's how I"ll look at it & plan accordingly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"