Pre-School and Daycare

great bday party favors you've gotten?

just looking for ideas thanks :) (boy or girl)

Re: great bday party favors you've gotten?

• We went to a party that instead of bring a gift for the birthday kid you brought a ~$5 wrapped gift for a gift exchange. It was pool party so we were asked to bring pool themed gifts. It was a great way to do a "no gift" party and it took care of the favors.

I loved it and am going to steal the idea for our next birthday party. My girls don't need a bunch more toys and the kids all loved unwrapping a gift. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Chia pets.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We make cds which are full of kid songs and other fun songs. They are always big hits.

We have liked being sent home with a juice box, box of raisins, and small bag of crackers/goldfish.

Stickers and tattoos are always big hits too. 

Like giveaways? Like my blog!
    www.facebook.com/TryVermontFirst
    I love these two beautiful children!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We did books. Parents really appreciated not going home with a bunch of dollar store junk.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A nice thick character coloring book wrapped with a box of crayola crayons. My kids loved it so now we do it for favors!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We did a small playground ball when ds turned two. We did car shaped crayons and a personalized coloring book when he turned three. He got a cute reusable water bottle last week. Try etsy too. They have amazing ideas.
  • Crayon roll ups
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LOL Thanks guys! I'm definitely not doing hard core DIY projects... but didn't want to do the dollar store junk either. I love the no gift $5 gift exchange, how fun! I wanted to do no gifts for their party but this is their first bday party ever and they have been to so many this year & brought gifts for the kids, I just felt like I would break their hearts & they wouldn't understand (not to mention making the other parents feel awkward b/c we have given gifts to all their kids in the last 6 months)...thinking maybe at age 5 we can have a talk about it and do something alternative.

That is very sad about the books and cups/plates! :(

We went to a party recently and they got several glowing/lightup toys and they are a huge hit which is what made me think that I should consider something different/fun. We are having a pinata so my plan was they'd get the candy & trinkets from inside that but I'd love one additional extra thing that isn't too pricey...this bday party thing is complicated. ha. 

• We went to a pink party for a 4 year old girl and her mom had them go on a scavenger hunt for several things: bead necklaces, tutus, and bubbles (I think I'm forgetting a thing or two).  They also made their own wands and crown.

Last year for DD1's Elmo birthday, I did very well at the dollar section at Target.  I got reusable Sesame Street bags, plates, board books, coloring books, and stickers. 

This year, DD1 is having a Care Bear birthday party and I'm doing Care Bear DVDs.  We'll see how those go over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • I loath favors.  LOATH THEM.  

But the only one I liked, was a "fill your bag with goodies" table.  The kids got to fill a paper bag with various dried treats (granola, raisins, some candies, gum, etc).

To me, the kids didnt go home feeling like they got a present on someone else's birthday.  I have actually heard children AND parents kvetch about lame favors before (not in the, I hate getting dollar store schtuff, but in the the "can you believe how cheap the mom was" way)

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • The best favors we have gotten are no favors.

However- Coloring books and crayons, fun cups, or bubbles are all acceptable too.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh bubbles- my kids love those. That is what I'll do, bubbles and whatever comes out of the pinata. Thanks!
  • imagecmeon_the_water:
    Well, the biggest hit as far as longevity of enjoyment has to be the pool noodle lightsabers birthday boy's mom, grandma, dad and aunt spent all night making heh. They get used so much that we're going to have to hit up Dollar Tree on Monday to pick up a few more noodles. Pretty sugar cookies/decorated brownies always are a quick hit.nbsp;Books are nice we always appreciate a book a friend loves.

OMG so cool. I bet you could add cheap flashlights to them too, now I want to try this especially since I have a noodle that needs to be thrown out.

I always think it is best to give one item instead of a bunh of cheap stuff but food will be used the most. I wish no one ever have favors but kids like them and now expect them which sucks.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imagecmeon_the_water:
    Well, the biggest hit as far as longevity of enjoyment has to be the pool noodle lightsabers birthday boy's mom, grandma, dad and aunt spent all night making heh. They get used so much that we're going to have to hit up Dollar Tree on Monday to pick up a few more noodles. Pretty sugar cookies/decorated brownies always are a quick hit.nbsp;Books are nice we always appreciate a book a friend loves.

OMG so cool. I bet you could add cheap flashlights to them too, now I want to try this especially since I have a noodle that needs to be thrown out.

I always think it is best to give one item instead of a bunh of cheap stuff but food will be used the most. I wish no one ever have favors but kids like them and now expect them which sucks.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • shannmshannm member

I hate useless crap too and I especially hate throwing it out.  

Having said that, we tried to pick "better" things out this year.  My DS is a total book worm/nerd.  We handed out small pencil boxes with a Dr. Seuss multi-colored pen, a bookmark, a fruit strip, a mechanical pencil, and some Lorax stickers.  It was a hit with DS but as for the other kids....not sure....but can't parents always use a new pen, LOL?

• I abhor the bags w/a bunch of cr@p in them, and I personally don't think a favor is necessary.  That being said, DD went to a party recently where they painted nails & did some kind of craft. Each girl brought home the craft that they created, as well as a bottle of nail polish.  Which I used today, as a matter of fact! 
  • I like the idea of a craft or something they made at the party being the favor. a picture frame magnet, a nature collage. something like that. 

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"