Eco-Friendly Family

G Diapers

Has anyone tried or used G Diapers?

Re: G Diapers

• We did but ended up finding traditional cloth much easier and less costly. The gDiapers didn't seem to contain poop very well for our skinny baby either.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • EmbilEmbil member
    Thanks, good to know.
  • My friend liked them at first, but as he grew they didn't work and she gave up on cloth. I tried a bunch of brands and pretty much any other brand was more user friendly to me. Grovia or best bottoms are good hybrid systems, fuzzibunz elite OS are very trim pockets for day, and Bumgenius are good and versatile (day or night). The cloth diaper boards talks about g diapers a lot, very mixed reviews.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They are super cute and I really wanted to like them but the plastic liner thing threw me off and I just couldn't get used to it. It's a good concept but it didn't contain messes well.
  • imageForeverEverAfter:
    My friend liked them at first, but as he grew they didn't work and she gave up on cloth. I tried a bunch of brands and pretty much any other brand was more user friendly to me. Grovia or best bottoms are good hybrid systems, fuzzibunz elite OS are very trim pockets for day, and Bumgenius are good and versatile (day or night). The cloth diaper boards talks about g diapers a lot, very mixed reviews.

This! And we use the Bumgenius Elemental old style night and day for both boys no problems! Love them!

• EmbilEmbil member
    Thank-you very much for all the helpful information.
  • mmm50mmm50 member
    I bought the newborn starter kit and prefolds & covers for the newborn stage.  I like that the disposable inserts compost so quickly when we need to use disposables so that's why I bought them.  Since he's not here yet, I don't know how they will work.  I have heard from friends that used them that the gdipes were fine for the newborn and small size (up to 12-15 pounds I think) and after that the babies usually outgrow their absorption.  She did say that the cloth inserts sucked, but she used GMD prefolds in them without problems.  
  • EmbilEmbil member
    That's what attracted me to them, the compost-ability of the disposable inserts. I still haven't made a decision which way I will go but will most likely try a few options and see what works for us. The only thing I know is that I do not want a diaper pail/genie or anything of the sort stinking up the house!
  • imageEmbil:
    That's what attracted me to them, the compost-ability of the disposable inserts. I still haven't made a decision which way I will go but will most likely try a few options and see what works for us. The only thing I know is that I do not want a diaper pail/genie or anything of the sort stinking up the house!

FWIW, we have a garbage can with a pail liner (we leave the lid open so that the air can circulate).  It's actually in our living room in a back corner and there is no smell at all.  Poop diapers are sprayed right away, so they don't stink.  Leaving the cover on is what causes the smell.  Also... FWIW the biggest stink we have EVER had was when a friend came over and put a disposable our regular garbage can.  We had to bring the bag outside before it was even full because it smelled so bad.

• Rink08Rink08 member
    For the newborn size (tinyg's ) and size smalls we loved them and had little to no leaks. I saved most of those sizes and will use them again if we have a 4th. With the Mediums and Larges, I had nothing but issues and ended up replacing them with pocket diapers which I've had much better luck with.
  • We use them and they work well.  We had a few leak issues when my LO was between sizes (Small to Med and Med to Large).  He's now wearing large and they work great!  It's all about the fit - if you don't put them on correctly, they will leak.  Their website has some tips on how to get them on properly.  Also, we use the cloth inserts.  I find them very absorbent.  I've tried other types of cloth diapers and the only other ones that didn't leak for my LO were FuzziBunz perfect size.  Every one size diaper I have ever tried has leaked almost immediately.  My advice would be not to invest a lot in one type of diaper until you try it.  Once you know what works well for your LO, then buy more of that type.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I use them and they have worked really well. Their cloth inserts okay. I've supplemented them with my own, made with hemp and bamboo fleece from wazoodle. I'd say I can make an insert for less than $2. Gdiapers cloth inserts retail at about $6 a piece. I put the soiled and wet inserts into a diaper genie lined with a pul bag i have made. We use the flushables overnight or during long car rides. They are very absorbent.

All in all our gdiaper costs are pretty low.

It's about fit though and these diapers happen to fit my baby well. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"