July 2011 Moms

Where does your kid sleep when you travel?

For mobile: where does your kid sleep when you travel?

We've still had DD in her pack n play, but she's really too big for it now. Last time we traveled was in May, and the family we stayed with happened to have an Ikea crib, which was also borderline too small.

At home we recently converted her crib to a toddler bed, and it's going great. We're visiting my in-laws next week, and I think she'd be ok in a sleeping bag, but DH wants to buy this little cot from Wal-Mart. He thinks she'll stay in it better because it's more like an actual bed. I think she'll fall out of it.

Plus... I found this really adorable mermaid sleeping bag that I want to buy her!!!

Anybody tried a sleeping bag or little cot for your LO? 

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where does your kid sleep when you travel?

• I am really curious about this as well. When we went to Canada in March, Lena used the PNP, but now that she is in her regular bed I know there is no way she will sleep in the PNP. We are supposed to be going to some cabin in Canada with my ILs in August, and I don't know what we will do since the room only has one bed. I'd have her sleep with me and DH could just sleep on the floor, but the bed is high and she is used to a mattress on the floor, so I don't know what we will do. If you ask me, this is just another reason that we shouldn't be going to some stupid cabin in the woods in Canada with a toddler while almost 30 weeks pregnant (sorry for the rant- can you tell I am NOT looking forward to this trip?)

I would probably go with the sleeping bag, because I too am worried about the falling out issue.  

• It won't let me copy and paste the picture but we have an Intex Toddler Airbed from Walmart. it was $35 most crib sheets fit it.

My daughter sleeps on a twin mattress on the floor right now so this works great for traveling.

• Loading the player...
  • I've heard good thing about the toddler airbed. We haven't converted her bed yet and she still fits in the PNP but this is probably what we will get next.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• We switched DD to a twin mattress on the floor several months ago, and we've taken 4 or 5 weekend trips since then. She's slept in the Pak n play for convenience/containment in small hotel rooms, but she hasn't enjoyed it, and she also hasn't been sleeping as well in it now. We're taking a weekend trip up to the mountains this weekend and we are staying in a 2 room condo, so she'll have her own queen bed. We'll still bring the PNP just in case.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• imageMarieEmery:

It won't let me copy and paste the picture but we have an Intex Toddler Airbed from Walmart. it was $35 most crib sheets fit it.

My daughter sleeps on a twin mattress on the floor right now so this works great for traveling.

I think this might be our answer!! Thanks! :)

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • We get two Queen beds in our hotel room and she sleeps with me (DH is a light sleeper) in one bad and DH sleeps in the other. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • In June we went out of town and he slept in the PNP.  He still fit fine.

He has also slept in bed with us.

• In hotel rooms she gets a bed and we get a bed. Also when we visit family she either sleeps on an extra bed if its available or on the floor and we fold comforters to make it comfy.

• In bed with us

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• He's in his pack'n'play right now, and he seems fine with that. We did have him in bed with us a couple nights, but he's a great big bed hog, so that's less fun for us. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Well we're back from our trip now!! We did end up getting DD a very cute sleeping bag and the Intex air mattress. We only had to use those things for one night and one nap though, because after that we were at my inlaws' place, and they had my nephew's old convertible crib set up for us, so it was just like what she sleeps in at home. She did well in the air mattress. It was pretty funny having her in the "big girl bed" in the same room with us. At home I'm sure she wakes up early sometimes, but she always goes back to sleep and doesn't get up for the day til at least 8. When she's in the room with us, she wants to get up right away and come see us. One morning it was at 6:30. One night she also did this adorable little zombie stagger towards our bed at 1:30 in the morning but thankfully went back to sleep pretty quick.

• Last summer we had 2 queen beds and Nick slept with me and Tim slept with Mike.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"