Pregnant after 35
Options

Quad screen results

We screened + for Down's Syndrome on our Quad screen.  1:160 risk.  OB office is working on referrals and we will be referred to a MFM Dr. for a high risk u/s early next week.  If they think baby is + for Down's, then we will be offered an amniocentesis.  I am scared to death of an amniocentesis, and not sure if I will agree if it comes to that.  I am now regretting not doing the definitive first trimester Harmony test.
TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome

Re: Quad screen results

• Options

I'm sorry you got that result.

Can you ask for Mat21 or Harmony blood test instead of amnio? It's just a blood test on you that looks at the baby's chromosomes so it's very accurate. 

I was 1:37 odds just based on my age, we had the Harmony test done and it came back negative.

I hope the u/s goes ok. 

Edit: Sorry just read the last part of your post. It's not too late to ask for the Harmony test. I would definitely do that instead of the amnio. 

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options

I agree with the Mat21. I went straight for the Mat21 they did the test July 5th and received the results on the 15th.

Came back Negative. 

Best wishes.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBootsOrHearts:

I'm sorry you got that result.

Can you ask for Mat21 or Harmony blood test instead of amnio? It's just a blood test on you that looks at the baby's chromosomes so it's very accurate. 

I was 1:37 odds just based on my age, we had the Harmony test done and it came back negative.

I hope the u/s goes ok. 

Edit: Sorry just read the last part of your post. It's not too late to ask for the Harmony test. I would definitely do that instead of the amnio. 

me, too!

Hugs and prayers!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Options
    It's not too late for the Harmony test. I just had it done last week and I am waiting for the results.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was hoping someone would know how far along you can gave Harmony/Maternit21.  I got the impression from my OB that I am too far along, but will definitely ask the MFM.  Thanks for your support ladies.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this. I also think it's not too late for the Harmony test. 1/160 still leaves the odds greatly in your favor.  Hang in there!
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Options
    My genetic counselor told me that based on age alone I have a 1:75 risk of Downs. 1:160 sounds like pretty good odds. I am not sure when the latest they'll do the Mat21 or Harmony but definitely ask. I am having Mat21 at 11weeks on Monday.
    Baby #1 due 2/10/14!
  • Options
    Geeps2Geeps2 member

I wouldn't stress just yet.  Those odds, thou they seem not so wonderful aren't that bad.  I had a friend who had a 1:20 risk and the baby had soft markers as well on US (shadows on the heart and something else but I can't remember) Everything turned out just fine.  He will be 2 in December and is healthy, happy and typically developed. 

As other people posted ask about the blood screens before jumping to amnio.  You may still be able to get one of them done.

Good luck. I know it is stressful right now not knowing.

I was just lurking on my BMB and there is a girl that is being offered the Mat21 test through her MFM to rule out Downs and she is 25 weeks pregnant.  It seems you may not be too late to get this done. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    It is not too late to get the tests and I have heard people have gotten them at 26 weeks.  These tests are new so drs are sometimes confused.  I would call Sequenom (mat21) or whoever processes Harmony and get info direct from them that you can then bring to your doctor.  I had the mat21 and called them a couple times before and after and found them very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"