VBAC

Expecting Moms Check In, Week of July 16

1) How far along are you?

2) Any appointments this week?

3) How are you feeling?

4) Any cravings/aversions?

5) What are your biggest concerns in the coming weeks/months in getting your VBAC? 

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Expecting Moms Check In, Week of July 16

• 1) How far along are you? 31 weeks today!

2) Any appointments this week? Just my weekly chiropractor appointment in a few hours.

3) How are you feeling? Big, lol!

4) Any cravings/aversions? Nothing specific, just sweets as usual.

5) What are your biggest concerns in the coming weeks/months in getting your VBAC? My biggest concern is whether or not I'll go into labor.  I was induced at 37 weeks with DS, so I never really had the chance to go into labor.  In addition to being a VBAC hopeful, I'm high risk.  While my MFM is supportive of VBAC, he'll also begin to push for birth at 39 weeks.  My OB is okay (at least she says she is) to wait until 41 weeks, as long as I'm monitored closely.  I feel like my biggest obstacle will actually be getting into labor.  Once that happens, I'm confident the rest will be fine! :)

Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • 1) How far along are you? 37 weeks

2) Any appointments this week? I'm at the weekly appointment stage, so yes, tomorrow

3) How are you feeling? Still pretty good, but getting tired and crampy (which I hope is a good sign)

4) Any cravings/aversions? Not really

5) What are your biggest concerns in the coming weeks/months in getting your VBAC? This baby needs to drop!  I was 1cm at my appt. last week, but the baby is still very high.  DS2 never really dropped, and even though I dilated to 10 cm, he wouldn't descend.  That's what I'm afraid of happening this time.

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you?

38w5d

39w appt on Thursday.

3) How are you feeling?

Pretty good. Had a bit of back pain the past week, but I went to see the chiropractor yesterday and I'm hoping to start feeling better.

Good appetite overall!

5) What are your biggest concerns in the coming weeks/months in getting your VBAC?

I've been having several dreams about the birth, but nothing concrete. Also, we're team green and nothing telling me whether it's a boy or a girl!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1) How far along are you? 26 weeks, 5 days

2) Any appointments this week? Nope.... Nothing til 28 weeks

3) How are you feeling? Good! The heat is rough, but I don't like the heat even when I'm not pregnant

4) Any cravings/aversions? Nope....my appetite has been blah for the last few days but nothing that I have a particular aversion to or craving for.

5) What are your biggest concerns in the coming weeks/months in getting your VBAC?  I hate the uncertainty of it all. I'm trying to stay positive, but then I find myself assuming this whole thing will go off exactly how I plan without any issues or complications. Since neither of my last two went how I planned, it is unlikely that this one will, but when I try to be realistic I find myself getting overly anxious about all the "what ifs." It is really frustrating....

Emmerson 3/23/10 Asher 2/7/12 Baby boy due 10/17/13
  • 1 How far along are you?
    40 weeks 1 day

2 Any appointments this week?
    Yesterday. And then on Monday if no labor before then.

3 How are you feeling?
    Eh. Tired of waiting. But its what i signed on for wanting this VBAC. I have to keep telling myself that.

4 Any cravings/aversions?
    Everything sweet. Mostly fruit. Watermelon in particular. Im having my MIL bring me a whole one cut up in the hospital. GD sucks.

5 What are your biggest concerns in the coming weeks/months in getting your VBAC?
    If I'm not in labor by Monday we'll talk induuction using the foley bulb, which i will schedule asap! Im feeling very not normal today and hope this will be over soon!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagea2003tiger:

1) How far along are you?

38 weeks 

yesterday - my bp is starting to rise, but it held off two weeks longer than with DD, and isn't as high as it was. It's still not high enough to be a real concern, especially since I have no other pre-e symptoms. It never developed into pre-e last time either. 

3) How are you feeling?

Good, considering how pregnant I am....I'm still sleeping decently well, and other than being sore I don't have much to complain about. 

nope....but I've been eating lots of dates, as per the MWs recommendation. I'm getting tired of them. 

Positioning. DD was posterior and I feel that had a lot to do with my long and intense labour, and with her getting stuck once I was pushing. This baby seems to be in a better position so far, but I'm not uncrossing my fingers yet ;)

• 1) How far along are you? 17 weeks 3 days

2) Any appointments this week? Saw my dr yesterday. Anatomy scan was good - no abnormalities and baby is growing well. Dr. said placenta is anterior but not in a problem position. YAY!

3) How are you feeling? Still battling allergies, otherwise fairly good.

4) Any cravings/aversions? Not really. Having occasional trouble with meat proteins still.

5) What are your biggest concerns in the coming weeks/months in getting your VBAC?  Keeping my health good - no GD, not gaining too much weight (I'm overweight to begin with), etc.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1 How far along are you? 35 weeks!

2 Any appointments this week? Scheduled my first chiropractor appointment for Saturday! Not sure what to expect, just hoping it might help this late in the game. Can anyone let me know what they do, I'm kind of anxious about it.

3 How are you feeling? Pretty good. Lots of bh this week and not as much back pain as normal.

4 Any cravings/aversions? Sweets and ice, ice, ice!

5 What are your biggest concerns in the coming weeks/months in getting your VBAC? Going into labor before my due date and baby positioning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm hoping in on this....

1) How far along are you? 10 weeks

2) Any appointments this week? Not until July 31st

3) How are you feeling? Pretty good actually...nausea is going away and I'm starting to get a smidge more energy.

4) Any cravings/aversions? Can't stand meat...ew.

5) What are your biggest concerns in the coming weeks/months in getting your VBAC? My biggest is that I'll end up needing to be induced again and in my head I've decided that I won't do that.  If it came to that, I'd rather go for a rcs.

• imagelovesjm:
    imagea2003tiger:

nope....but I've been eating lots of dates, as per the MWs recommendation. I'm getting tired of them. 

This might be a silly question, but why dates?

• 1) How far along are you? Nearly 14 weeks

2) Any appointments this week? I have my first midwife appt on either Monday or Tuesday (I cannot remember) next week.  I'm hoping we get to hear the heart beat for the first time. 

3) How are you feeling? Other than crashing into bed at 9pm every night I am feeling pretty good.  In the last week my morning sickness has disappeared and I've started to feel some kicks/movement.  That makes for a great week.

4) Any cravings/aversions? I crave something different everyday it seems, last night it was spaghetti, today it is salad.  

5) What are your biggest concerns in the coming weeks/months in getting your VBAC? Since I went nearly a week late with my DS and he was full breech and in distress when I went into labour, this time I will be very vigilant about making sure this baby isn't breech early on.  With DS we didn't discover he was breech until 35 weeks and we tried to turn him but he was too big already to turn.  

**EDIT: Apparently I couldn't remember how far along I am.  

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagekeags5496:
    imagelovesjm:
    imagea2003tiger:

This might be a silly question, but why dates?

nope, sot silly...there wa as small study done stating basically that eating lots of dates daily for the last 4 weeks can help with labour....I don't know if its true, but I figured that it can't hurt! Here's a link:  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21280989

• imageLovinLife33:
    Scheduled my first chiropractor appointment for Saturday! Not sure what to expect, just hoping it might help this late in the game. Can anyone let me know what they do, I'm kind of anxious about it.

Don't be anxious, it will be fine :). She will probably do a general assessment of your spine and pelvis, and chat with you about any problem areas etc. When she adjusts you, it will either be on your back/side, or she may have special pillows so that you can be on your tummy. It might feel a little bit aggressive, but it doesn't hurt ever. You might be a little sore after your first time, but in my experience it makes a world of difference. 

I hope you have a good experience - they can be so helpful, especially with pregnancy related soreness and baby's position! 

• imagelovesjm:

imageLovinLife33:
    Scheduled my first chiropractor appointment for Saturday! Not sure what to expect, just hoping it might help this late in the game. Can anyone let me know what they do, I'm kind of anxious about it.

Don't be anxious, it will be fine :). She will probably do a general assessment of your spine and pelvis, and chat with you about any problem areas etc. When she adjusts you, it will either be on your back/side, or she may have special pillows so that you can be on your tummy. It might feel a little bit aggressive, but it doesn't hurt ever. You might be a little sore after your first time, but in my experience it makes a world of difference. 

I hope you have a good experience - they can be so helpful, especially with pregnancy related soreness and baby's position! 

Thanks! This makes me feel better. It just kind of creeps me out about the neck cracking I've seen. I'm assuming I won't have to have that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1) How far along are you? 25 weeks today

2) Any appointments this week? Had my appt wednesday. Told my Dr I won't have a section before 40 weeks. She was fine with this. May push for even later.

3) How are you feeling? Tired!

4) Any cravings/aversions? If I'm not constantly snacking I feel sick. yeah I'm gonna be a whale by the end of this pregnancy.

5) What are your biggest concerns in the coming weeks/months in getting your VBAC?  That I won't go into labor. I didn't have my son until 40+5 after 3 days of prodromal (sp) labor and dialating to 9.5 I ended up with a C and I didn't go into labor with my DD at all. I'm hoping for a VBA2C.

• kbeebkbeeb member
    1) How far along are you? 34 weeks2) Any appointments this week? i start weekly visits on tuesday3) How are you feeling? starting to get tired, feeling big and slow and heavy...4) Any cravings/aversions? I have no interest in red meat, craving chocolate milkshakes...but maybe that's just the heat ;)5) What are your biggest concerns in the coming weeks/months in getting your VBAC? That baby will be breech again and i won't get to try...or that we won't make it the two hours to the hospital...or that i am not in good enough shape and can't do it...
    image BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"