March 2012 Moms
Options

Pointing?

DS is actually an April baby, but this board is so much more active, so I thought I'd post here.  We went for our 15m check up today (a week and a half late).  One of the concerns is that DS is not pointing yet.  Are any of your LO's not pointing yet?  How do I teach him this??  I try to stick his finger out and show him how to do it, but he doesn't seem to get it.  This was the only issue on the autism screening questionnaire that he didn't 'pass'.  My doctor didn't seem TOO concerned, but thinks that he should have it down before our next checkup.  Any suggestions on how to help him do this?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Pointing?

• Options
    Dd just spontaneously started pointing. I just model the behavior where appropriate and it will come.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I cant remember exactly when my son started pointing but I can tell you for sure that it increased and picked up more meaning in the last month and a half. Anytime he wants something, there's a very hard point and he says "Mama, dis!" (which is "this" in his language). I'd probably just keep modeling the behavior you want by pointing and showing him things-- I think that's kind if the best way to teach something like that. I feel like this last month has been an explosion of advances for my guy so your pointing may be on the horizon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsJetSet:
    Dd just spontaneously started pointing. I just model the behavior where appropriate and it will come.

This!
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies!!  It seems like there's always something to worry about!  We will keep working on it and hope he gets it in the next month or so!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Vans18Vans18 member

imageeyenigh:
    I cant remember exactly when my son started pointing but I can tell you for sure that it increased and picked up more meaning in the last month and a half. Anytime he wants something, there's a very hard point and he says "Mama, dis!" (which is "this" in his language). I'd probably just keep modeling the behavior you want by pointing and showing him things-- I think that's kind if the best way to teach something like that. I feel like this last month has been an explosion of advances for my guy so your pointing may be on the horizon!

Same here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"