Rhode Island Babies

Center for Obstetrics and Gynecology

Wondering if anyone as gone there. I'm in the market for an OB and so far it seems nice. I have my first appointment Aug 1 for my first ultrasound, I'll be around 9 weeks. This is my first pregnancy so I'm very anxious and nervous!

Re: Center for Obstetrics and Gynecology

• Sorry, I haven't.  But if you end up not liking it, I go to obgyn and associates (Randall Square) and have had a good experience so far!  Good Luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thank you! I just did some research on it there and it seems great! I'll definitelycheck it out if this place doesn't work out for me!
  • Loading the player...
  • This is where I go! I think they are awesome and all the doctors are nice! good luck :)
  • I go to OBGYN and Associates as well. I'm currently seeing the midwives there.
  • We go to the Center for OBGYN and our Dr was Dr Saint-Aubin and she was great. However she did not deliver our daughter but none the less I love her and the group.
  • I'm looking for a OB too, I'm around 5 weeks & looked into the Center for Obstetrics & Gynocology but was disappointed at the reviews online. I'm so nervous! I need to find someone soon :-/
  • I love it there so far!
  • I've been going there for years and absolutely love them!  I use Dr. Salek and love her!
  • I just recently started going there also it's fine for me so far
  • okayestmom12okayestmom12 member
    edited November 2013
    We loved Center for OPBGYN.  Dr. Saint Aubin is fantastic and I hope she can deliver future babies for us :) 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I have Dr Saint Aubin! So far so good!!
  • I was skeptical going there after reading the reviews as well, my gyno recommended them so I figured I'd try it. I am 19 weeks & havent had any complaints...
  • ShokahShokah member
    I went to them for my first pregnancy. One problem that you'll hear a lot of ppl complain about is that to make an appointment or even to change one you have to speak to the assistant/nurse. This was actually a big problem for me because I work and things come up that I have to change apps and two, I was very very high risk which is sth that I didn't know about until week 16. Now I go with Partners and am 4 wks and so far no problem with making/changing appointments, but I won't tolerate that again because it was very stressful to wait for calls back etch.
  • sfazarsfazar member

I had an absolutely horrible experience at the Center for OB GYN.  My first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage at 11 weeks.  I started having bleeding in my 9th week, and they kept bringing me in for ultrasounds which were great. I was terrified, but my doctor (who was a very nice person) never once talked to me about what was going on.  I kept hearing things filtered through nurses-- a new one every time I called.

I would strongly recommend that you seek another practice.  My new Ob was shocked by how little was done in response to my symptoms and actually told me that my pregnancy might have been saved if they had done blood test and checked my hormone levels to correct them.

Me (34); DH (35)

BFP 11/25/13; Heard strong heartbeats for 3 weeks; Natural MC (1/15/14)

BFP 11/11/14 EDD 07/21/15 hoping for our rainbow!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I went to the Center for my first pregnancy and just went there this morning for my first appointment today.  I really had a great experience with them last time even though neither of the doctors I saw are still with the practice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sfazarsfazar member
    Just pray that you have an uncomplicated pregnancy!

Me (34); DH (35)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I go there and I am having a wonderful experience so far. I'm a nurse so I asked by colleagues and MDs at my job for referrals and this is where I was recommended.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • sfazarsfazar member

The Center for Ob-Gyn operates on the premise that you will not have a viable pregnancy. No one ever asks you if you take prenatal vitamins. You receive no "nutrition talk" until 10 weeks, no blood tests to check hormone levels even if you have weeks and weeks of spotting in your first trimester.  Even at 10 weeks, the blood tests they give you are for STDs.

I am happy that I am no longer with this practice.

Me (34); DH (35)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just had my first ultra sound there today. No complaints.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"